- Fri Nov 24 10:30 PM
• Manchester United manager says striker dropped for not working hard enough • Armenian back in the squad to face Brighton in Premier League on Saturday José Mourinho dropped Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Manchester United’s last two squads because the forward had been “disappearing” in games. The mana...
- Fri Nov 24 8:18 PM
• Midfielder underwent treatment for irregular heart rhythm after tests • Carrick ‘healthy and back training hard with the team’ Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick
has undergone a procedure to treat an irregular heart rhythm and hopes to make a swift return to action. Carrick revealed h...
- Fri Nov 24 2:11 PM
In the pre-game press conference José Mourinho highlighted that Manchester United’s three Premier League matches in the coming eight days are crucial to his side’s title challenge. First up are Chris Hughton’s Brighton whose position in ninth suggests they are no pushovers. Winning is imperative...
- Fri Nov 24 10:21 AM
• Manchester United player says kit man had to steam and stretch boots • New Balance says it sent new boots and Fellaini said they were ‘perfect’ A high court judge may have to examine a series of WhatsApp messages if asked to rule on a row over Marouane Fellaini
’s boots. The Manchester United mi...
- Thu Nov 23 9:16 AM
Today’s tell-all stayed up too late watching cricket After providing the assist for all seven of PSG’s goals by opening the scoring for Celtic in the first minute at Parc des Princes last night , Moussa Dembélé is today being linked with a move to Manchester United . After scoring 32 goals in 48...
- Thu Nov 23 7:55 AM
The Manchester United manager, José Mourinho, says that his side would have beaten Basel nine times out of 10 following defeat in Switzerland on Wednesday night. Michael Lang prodded home late for Basel to condemn United to their first Champions League loss of the season. ‘At half-time, it should...
- Wed Nov 22 9:56 PM
Disaster struck for Manchester United with less than a minute of normal time left when Michael Lang prodded home to claim a win that, however, could not stop United qualifying before their final Group A game against CSKA Moscow at Old Trafford. José Mourinho’s team sleep-walked through the second...
- Wed Nov 22 7:16 PM
Live updates on Group A match in Switzerland United need point to secure qualification and top spot in group Scoreboard: all the Champions League and Championship goals Minute-by-minute coverage of PSG v Celtic and Juventus v Barcelona Email Paul or tweet @Paul_Doyle with your thoughts 7.16pm GMT...
- Tue Nov 21 8:37 PM
• Manchester United defender ‘surprised’ by Gareth Southgate’s decision • José Mourinho to rest Young, Mata and Valencia against Basel Chris Smalling
has questioned Gareth Southgate’s judgment, saying he was surprised the England manager dropped him from the friendlies against Germany and Brazil...
- Mon Nov 20 8:30 AM
’s top-four focus for Spurs is telling, Callum Wilson is making up for lost time and can Paul Pogba yet be compared with Steven Gerrard
? After challenging for the title for the past couple of seasons, it was significant to hear Hugo Lloris
contemplate looking over Tottenham Hotspur’s s...
- Sun Nov 19 10:30 PM
• ‘If people knew the real injury they would be in shock that I was playing’ • Manchester United forward returned to action in win against Newcastle Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed the career threatening injury he sustained in April was more than the “significant knee ligament damage” that Manche...
- Sun Nov 19 9:16 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 19 10:42 AM
José Mourinho praises Paul Pogba after the midfielder returned from injury in Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday. Pogba was influential throughout at Old Trafford and scored United’s third goal in his first game back since straining a hamstring in September. ‘He was top, he ca...
- Sat Nov 18 7:36 PM
Once again, Paul Pogba is doing his snakehips shuffle beneath the Stretford End and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – straight-backed, chest puffed out, knee fixed – can be seen soaking up the crowd’s acclaim. It still might not be enough when it comes to catching, and overhauling, Manchester City at the top...
- Sat Nov 18 4:38 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Old Trafford The Recap: sign up now and get our weekly review email And feel free to email Barry or tweet him @bglendenning 4.38pm GMT Man Utd: de Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Mata, Martial, Lukaku. Subs:...