- Sat Dec 23 11:24 PM
• Manchester United manager calls last-gasp 2-2 draw ‘as bad as a defeat’ • ‘Some players make childish decision until the end of their career’ José Mourinho blamed “childish decisions” for his side’s inability to hold on to a 2-1 lead as Manchester United slipped 13 points behind Manchester City...
- Sat Dec 23 9:54 PM
It was all looking so promising for José Mourinho. Having seen his Manchester United side come back from conceding the opening goal to lead 2-1 through two strikes from Juan Mata, a last-minute lapse of concentration in defence allowed Harry Maguire to snatch a point for Leicester with the final...
- Sat Dec 23 6:47 PM
Minute-by-minute Premier League updates, kick-off 7.45pm (GMT) FA to take no action over Manchester derby tunnel clash at Old Trafford And feel free to email Michael or tweet @michaelbutler18 10.41am GMT Claaaaaaaude Puel Claaaaaaaude Puel Mahrez, Gray, Vardy, Ndidi, Chilwell Continue reading
- Fri Dec 22 8:35 PM
• Berizzo sacked a week after successful surgery to treat prostate cancer • Sevilla set to face Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League Manchester United’s Champions League opponents Sevilla have sacked their coach Eduardo Berizzo exactly a week after he returned to work followin...
- Fri Dec 22 4:21 PM
Two sides eliminated from the League Cup meet with most of United’s players well rested after missing the defeat at Bristol City and a road trip back which arrived at 5am. Leicester had to go to extra time against Manchester City and Claude Puel feels they were unlucky to lose on penalties though...
- Fri Dec 22 3:08 PM
• Real Madrid and Tottenahm also interested in 17-year-old defender • United prepared to allow Luke Shaw
to leave Old Trafford Manchester United are preparing an opening offer of initial £25m for Fulham teenager Ryan Sessegnon, with José Mourinho prepared to allow Luke Shaw
to leave Old Trafford...
- Fri Dec 22 8:20 AM
How will Arsenal cope with Liverpool’s fearsome foursome, the Mark Hughes ultimatum and whether Sam Allardyce will ever win over Everton fans It would be a dereliction of duty if Arsène Wenger has not spent the past few days coming up with a way to stop Liverpool’s fearsome attack from running ri...
- Thu Dec 21 7:01 PM
The Championship side’s fearless play in the Carabao Cup win over Manchester United may inspire Premier League teams trying to combat Manchester City There are too few games that I can say are really special – especially those I’ve not played in – but watching my first professional club, Bristol...
- Thu Dec 21 4:16 PM
• Police and stewards had to separate up to 20 players and members of staff • Decision follows review of evidence from clubs and other eyewitnesses The Football Association has said it will take no action over the tunnel clashes which followed Manchester City’s win at Manchester United this month...
- Thu Dec 21 4:10 PM
After masterminding the Robins’ cup upset over Manchester United, Lee Johnson will never have to buy a drink again in the red half of the city A £450 bottle of red dominated the buildup to the most memorable night in Bristol City’s recent history but after victory against Manchester United, suppo...
- Thu Dec 21 12:44 AM
• Robins’ manager proud after team reach Carabao Cup semis • José Mourinho claims Championship team were ‘lucky, but fought very hard’ Bristol City will play Manchester City in the semi-finals of the Carabao Cup after recording a famous shock victory over the five-time winners and reigning holder...
- Wed Dec 20 10:03 PM
Bristol City are in the Carabao Cup semi-finals after Korey Smith scored a stunning winner against Manchester United in the third minute of added time. Smith chested down a Matty Taylor pass before turning and volleying left-footed across Sergio Romero, sparking delirious scenes at Ashton Gate. T...
- Wed Dec 20 7:00 PM
All the latest from the 8pm GMT kick-off at Ashton Gate From asphalt to Zlatan: Aden Flint’s long journey And email Barry or tweet @bglendenning 6.27pm GMT Barry will be here shortly. Continue reading
- Wed Dec 20 4:00 PM
Many thought the former Manchester United player was finished when he rejoined Everton but the 32-year-old’s position among the Premier League’s top scorers – while not really playing as a striker – proves otherwise Fourteen-goal Mohamed Salah may be the stand-out player of the first half of the...
- Wed Dec 20 9:41 AM
Today’s tittle tattle is battling to stay afloat Let The Mill take you on a journey back in time. It’s August, 2015. David Cameron has yet to announce the Brexit referendum that will definitely be a good idea. Donald Trump’s hopes of becoming the next president of the United States are rated as l...
- Tue Dec 19 10:30 PM
• Everton manager wants to use 32-year-old’s guile and experience • ‘He’s not a frontline player now. We both accept that’ Sam Allardyce is convinced Wayne Rooney
’s future lies in a deeper role but the Everton manager believes England’s record goalscorer can prolong his career after helping his b...
- Tue Dec 19 5:25 PM
• Manchester United midfielder might make first start since 5 November • Paul Pogba set to return against Bristol City after suspension José Mourinho has said he will consider recalling Henrikh Mkhitaryan to the Manchester United side for the Carabao Cup quarter-final at Bristol City on Wednesday...
- Tue Dec 19 2:00 PM
Bristol City’s giant free-scoring centre-back used to lay roads on night shifts while playing non-league football, but now has his sights set on flattening the side he grew up supporting in the Carabao Cup Aden Flint smiles at the realisation that Zlatan Ibrahimovic had not long collected another...
- Mon Dec 18 9:59 PM
Defeat came with an added sting for Swansea City as their hopes of climbing off the foot of the Premier League floundered at Everton. Gylfi Sigurdsson
, the man prised from south Wales in the summer for £45m, struck a sublime goal to extend Sam Allardyce’s unbeaten run as Everton manager while the...
- Mon Dec 18 6:51 PM
Lukaku, 24, had been arrested over noise complaints after $75m transfer Footballer ‘deeply regrets’ behavior and was ordered to pay fines and fees Manchester United striker Romelu Lukaku
“deeply regrets” his behavior and has reimbursed police for repeated callouts over loud partying in Beverly Hi...
- Mon Dec 18 7:46 AM
Today’s fluff is full of meat and potato José Mourinho knows a thing or two about allowing players to leave a Premier League club only to watch them turn into incredibly influential footballers elsewhere. Isn’t that right Kevin, Mo, Romelu and Nemanja? He hopes to redress the balance slightly – b...