- Wed Nov 22 9:56 PM
Disaster struck for Manchester United with less than a minute of normal time left when Michael Lang prodded home to claim a win that, however, could not stop United qualifying before their final Group A game against CSKA Moscow at Old Trafford. José Mourinho’s team sleep-walked through the second...
- Wed Nov 22 7:16 PM
Live updates on Group A match in Switzerland United need point to secure qualification and top spot in group Scoreboard: all the Champions League and Championship goals Minute-by-minute coverage of PSG v Celtic and Juventus v Barcelona Email Paul or tweet @Paul_Doyle with your thoughts 7.16pm GMT...
- Tue Nov 21 8:37 PM
• Manchester United defender ‘surprised’ by Gareth Southgate’s decision • José Mourinho to rest Young, Mata and Valencia against Basel Chris Smalling
has questioned Gareth Southgate’s judgment, saying he was surprised the England manager dropped him from the friendlies against Germany and Brazil...
- Mon Nov 20 8:30 AM
’s top-four focus for Spurs is telling, Callum Wilson is making up for lost time and can Paul Pogba yet be compared with Steven Gerrard
? After challenging for the title for the past couple of seasons, it was significant to hear Hugo Lloris
contemplate looking over Tottenham Hotspur’s s...
- Sun Nov 19 10:30 PM
• ‘If people knew the real injury they would be in shock that I was playing’ • Manchester United forward returned to action in win against Newcastle Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed the career threatening injury he sustained in April was more than the “significant knee ligament damage” that Manche...
- Sun Nov 19 9:16 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 19 10:42 AM
José Mourinho praises Paul Pogba after the midfielder returned from injury in Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday. Pogba was influential throughout at Old Trafford and scored United’s third goal in his first game back since straining a hamstring in September. ‘He was top, he ca...
- Sat Nov 18 7:36 PM
Once again, Paul Pogba is doing his snakehips shuffle beneath the Stretford End and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – straight-backed, chest puffed out, knee fixed – can be seen soaking up the crowd’s acclaim. It still might not be enough when it comes to catching, and overhauling, Manchester City at the top...
- Sat Nov 18 4:38 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Old Trafford The Recap: sign up now and get our weekly review email And feel free to email Barry or tweet him @bglendenning 4.38pm GMT Man Utd: de Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Mata, Martial, Lukaku. Subs:...
- Fri Nov 17 10:30 PM
• Manchester United manager asks why defender played Germany friendly • Antonio Conte tells Gareth Southgate to contact him regarding players’ fitness José Mourinho has made clear his frustration at the England setup’s handling of Phil Jones
after revealing the defender had been given six local a...
- Fri Nov 17 6:20 PM
After just 11 matches Manchester United trail the leaders, Manchester City, by eight points and are already playing catch-up. Their last outing was the defeat at Chelsea and, given how shrewd Rafael Benítez is, Newcastle United may provide a real test at Old Trafford. But Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrah...
- Fri Nov 17 2:14 PM
• Marcos Rojo also ready to return against Newcastle on Saturday • Ibrahimovic has not played since suffering knee injury in April José Mourinho has been given a considerable boost by the return of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo for Manchester United’s game against Newcastle Unite...
- Fri Nov 17 11:58 AM
• Social media outrage over event, for which some tickets cost £170 • Icke, known for his controversial views, booked suite via an associate Manchester United have cancelled a planned show staged by David Icke at Old Trafford on Friday evening, due to the former television presenter’s controversi...
- Fri Nov 17 8:34 AM
Today’s fluff won’t let hard times stand in our way Having been one of the mainstays of Chelsea’s title-winning campaign last season, this season David Luiz
played all but three minutes of the first eight league games for which he was available (there was also a two-match suspension), then got dr...
- Thu Nov 16 10:30 PM
• Board believe he is determined to win league for club • Manager praised Paris Saint-Germain in October Manchester United have no concerns that José Mourinho could leave next summer to take up another managerial position, and those who work closely with him believe he retains fire in his belly t...
- Thu Nov 16 6:08 PM
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tel...
- Thu Nov 16 9:16 AM
Today’s fluff is in discord and rhyme Real Betis “believe they are close to pulling off a massive coup”, according to the Mirror. In these days of military takeovers of African quasi-dictatorships you might think that football gossipmongers might have temporarily scaled back on their use of the w...