- Mon Nov 20 8:30 AM
’s top-four focus for Spurs is telling, Callum Wilson is making up for lost time and can Paul Pogba yet be compared with Steven Gerrard
? After challenging for the title for the past couple of seasons, it was significant to hear Hugo Lloris
contemplate looking over Tottenham Hotspur’s s...
- Sun Nov 19 10:30 PM
• ‘If people knew the real injury they would be in shock that I was playing’ • Manchester United forward returned to action in win against Newcastle Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed the career threatening injury he sustained in April was more than the “significant knee ligament damage” that Manche...
- Sun Nov 19 9:16 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 19 10:42 AM
José Mourinho praises Paul Pogba after the midfielder returned from injury in Manchester United’s 4-1 win over Newcastle on Saturday. Pogba was influential throughout at Old Trafford and scored United’s third goal in his first game back since straining a hamstring in September. ‘He was top, he ca...
- Sat Nov 18 7:36 PM
Once again, Paul Pogba is doing his snakehips shuffle beneath the Stretford End and Zlatan Ibrahimovic – straight-backed, chest puffed out, knee fixed – can be seen soaking up the crowd’s acclaim. It still might not be enough when it comes to catching, and overhauling, Manchester City at the top...
- Sat Nov 18 4:38 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Old Trafford The Recap: sign up now and get our weekly review email And feel free to email Barry or tweet him @bglendenning 4.38pm GMT Man Utd: de Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, Pogba, Matic, Rashford, Mata, Martial, Lukaku. Subs:...
- Fri Nov 17 10:30 PM
• Manchester United manager asks why defender played Germany friendly • Antonio Conte tells Gareth Southgate to contact him regarding players’ fitness José Mourinho has made clear his frustration at the England setup’s handling of Phil Jones
after revealing the defender had been given six local a...
- Fri Nov 17 6:20 PM
After just 11 matches Manchester United trail the leaders, Manchester City, by eight points and are already playing catch-up. Their last outing was the defeat at Chelsea and, given how shrewd Rafael Benítez is, Newcastle United may provide a real test at Old Trafford. But Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrah...
- Fri Nov 17 2:14 PM
• Marcos Rojo also ready to return against Newcastle on Saturday • Ibrahimovic has not played since suffering knee injury in April José Mourinho has been given a considerable boost by the return of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Marcos Rojo for Manchester United’s game against Newcastle Unite...
- Fri Nov 17 11:58 AM
• Social media outrage over event, for which some tickets cost £170 • Icke, known for his controversial views, booked suite via an associate Manchester United have cancelled a planned show staged by David Icke at Old Trafford on Friday evening, due to the former television presenter’s controversi...
- Fri Nov 17 8:34 AM
Today’s fluff won’t let hard times stand in our way Having been one of the mainstays of Chelsea’s title-winning campaign last season, this season David Luiz
played all but three minutes of the first eight league games for which he was available (there was also a two-match suspension), then got dr...
- Thu Nov 16 10:30 PM
• Board believe he is determined to win league for club • Manager praised Paris Saint-Germain in October Manchester United have no concerns that José Mourinho could leave next summer to take up another managerial position, and those who work closely with him believe he retains fire in his belly t...
- Thu Nov 16 6:08 PM
The table doesn’t lie but teams such as Burnley and Brighton are exceeding all expectations while Swansea and Everton have disappointed badly. Here’s how the 20 sides rank based on early-season health and vigour They say the league table never lies, and this is of course true. What they don’t tel...
- Thu Nov 16 9:16 AM
Today’s fluff is in discord and rhyme Real Betis “believe they are close to pulling off a massive coup”, according to the Mirror. In these days of military takeovers of African quasi-dictatorships you might think that football gossipmongers might have temporarily scaled back on their use of the w...
- Wed Nov 15 12:00 PM
• Midfielder has rejected United’s offer and wants significant pay increase • Belgian can talk to other clubs in January but Mourinho will not sanction sale Manchester United could lose Marouane Fellaini
for free next summer after the midfielder refused to sign the new contract the club offered h...
- Wed Nov 15 9:48 AM
Jamie Vardy and Marcus Rashford impressed but there was bad news for Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Brazil showed intimidating solidity at the back Once again England lined up with a two-man attack, with the difference from the encounter with Germany being it was Marcus Rashford and not Tammy Abraham who...
- Tue Nov 14 10:41 AM
• Central defender suffered calf injury playing in England friendly • Niggle was recurrence of problem suffered against Huddersfield Phil Jones
is hopeful of recovering from the calf injury he suffered playing for England and being available for Manchester United’s late game against Newcastle Uni...
- Tue Nov 14 8:49 AM
Today’s rumours are really feeling for Carlo Tavecchio Which is worse: being stuck in limbo or being stuck at Arsenal ? It’s hard to say for sure but we can all agree that they are both pretty terrible. So spare a thought for Mesut Özil , who has been living that twin hell for some time now. Happ...