- Mon Apr 16 11:02 PM
• ‘What is the criteria to choose a team? The way they play’ • Manager explains substitution of Paul Pogba against West Brom José Mourinho has appeared to question the ambition of some Manchester United players after the defeat by West Bromwich Albion that left Manchester City Premier League cham...
- Mon Apr 16 9:15 PM
• The truth always comes out, adds Albion striker • Winner at Old Trafford a good start for 28-year-old Jay Rodriguez
wants to move on after a Football Association charge of racially abusing Brighton’s Gaëtan Bong was found not to be not proven, with the West Bromwich Albion forward saying “the t...
- Mon Apr 16 4:57 PM
Max and co talk Manchester City’s title win, Manchester United’s latest slip-up, the pre- and post-Pardew bounces, big Bayern news and Ferraris Rate, review, share on Apple Podcasts , Soundcloud , Audioboom , Mixcloud , Acast and Stitcher , and join the conversation on Facebook , Twitter and emai...
- Mon Apr 16 3:24 PM
City fan Chic Wilson, 75, reflects on how Pep Guardiola’s champions measure up and picks David Silva
above Colin Bell as his all-time club great After Sunday I am ecstatic. It feels wonderful to be champions. The football we played all season was absolutely fantastic. And the way Manchester Unite...
- Mon Apr 16 12:11 PM
José Mourinho labelled Manchester United’s performance against West Brom as ‘complicated’, inferring his side were indecisive and laboured in their 1-0 home defeat. It was in stark contrast to their 3-2 win at Manchester City last weekend, but United’s loss meant that their city rivals were crown...
- Mon Apr 16 8:19 AM
José Mourinho needs to make drastic changes, Rafael
Benítez is getting best out of his players and Jordan Ayew is on a mission Having so meekly allowed Manchester City to claim the Premier League title, a process of rebuilding Manchester United into future champions starts now. The non-inclusion...
- Mon Apr 16 12:11 AM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Apr 15 9:19 PM
• Manager says he could ‘smell’ a bad performance coming • Home defeat against West Brom hands the title to City José Mourinho said he could “smell” a bad performance coming from Manchester United after the 1-0 defeat by bottom-of-the-table West Bromwich Albion that confirmed Manchester City as P...
- Sun Apr 15 6:26 PM
The only surprise, perhaps, is that Manchester United have kept the title race going as long as they have when they are capable of playing with this lack of sophistication. Their defeat means Manchester City are the new Premier League champions and, as if that was not galling enough for José Mour...
- Sun Apr 15 6:01 PM
• West Brom beat Manchester United to hand title to City • Guardiola adds Premier League medal to Bundesliga and La Liga Manchester City have been confirmed as the Premier League champions after Manchester United slumped to a surprise 1-0 defeat at home to West Brom . City’s 3-1 victory over Tott...
- Sun Apr 15 3:24 PM
Mourinho calls for more respect as United close on second Guardiola: ‘Title harder to win than Champions League’ Anything to add? You can email Rob Smyth 3.06pm BST Manchester United (4-3-3) De Gea; Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young; Herrera, Matic, Pogba; Mata, Lukaku, Sanchez. Substitutes: Pe...
- Sun Apr 15 8:04 AM
‘There is no desire among the top clubs to change, ’ Tracey Crouch claimed as West Brom were turned down, but the message from Old Trafford, the Emirates and all is very different Over the last week I have been reminded of the time Richard Caborn was appointed sports minister and, in his first we...
- Sat Apr 14 10:50 PM
• Manager says United have not received credit for successful season • ‘It seems hard for people to praise the team and praise the boys’ Manchester United play the bottom team in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon and even though there seems to be a general acceptance that West Brom are as go...
- Sat Apr 14 12:50 PM
• De Bruyne, Sané and David Silva
all in the running • Sessegnon, Rashford, Sterling competing for Young Player award Manchester City trio Kevin De Bruyne, Leroy Sané and David Silva
have been shortlisted for the Professional Footballers’ Association Player of the Year award for the 2017-18 seaso...
- Sat Apr 14 9:22 AM
All Manchester United can do is keep winning while praying Manchester City perform a flop of Devon Loch proportions. They should have no problems cuffing aside West Brom, but if Pep Guardiola’s men have already won at Tottenham on Saturday it will be close to immaterial. Still, second place is de...
- Fri Apr 13 10:36 PM
• Everton manager also wants striker to get into the box more • Wayne Rooney
has not scored since 18 December Sam Allardyce has told Wayne Rooney
to increase his presence in the opposition penalty area following clear-the-air talks this week with the former England captain. Rooney did not disguis...
- Fri Apr 13 6:47 PM
• I can only pick 11 players, says Old Trafford manager • Portuguese manager ‘surprised’ by West Brom’s relegation plight José Mourinho brushed aside questions about Anthony Martial’s and Marcus Rashford’s happiness as the Manchester United manager underlined how starting roles cannot be guarante...
- Fri Apr 13 11:33 AM
The semi-finals of the European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup all featured a British team in 1983-84 By Steven Pye for That 1980s Sports Blog of the Sport Network When the semi-finals for the European Cup, European Cup, Uefa Cup and Cup Winners’ Cup began in April 1984, there was a chance al...
- Thu Apr 12 12:57 PM
From the 1960 final to the miracle of Istanbul, Europe’s top club competition has provided many moments to rival the drama of Real Madrid’s win against Juventus The almost shocking conclusion to what had been a notable Juventus recovery against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu has not only divided opi...
- Thu Apr 12 10:08 AM
Today’s tell-all is aiming for the top bin One of last summer’s more interesting Premier League signings, Richarlison arrived at Watford an almost unknown quantity. While most English football fans had never heard of him, those who pretend to watch the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A on a regular b...
- Tue Apr 10 11:39 AM
Our cartoonist on the derby defeat to Manchester United and the Champions League tie against Liverpool View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Tue Apr 10 11:14 AM
The 25-year-old feels he has finally found a home after a dizzying spell of loanves during a decade and a half with Manchester United An on-loan goalkeeper is not always a signing to set pulses racing and Sam Johnstone remembers how, on arriving at a downbeat Villa Park in January 2017, it took a...