- Fri Oct 13 10:30 PM
• Manager is resolute despite trailing Manchester United by seven points • ‘I don’t think I’m the perfect manager, I just think I’m perfect for this club’ Jürgen Klopp has claimed he would quit as Liverpool manager the moment he harboured any doubt over his ability to end the club’s prolonged wai...
- Fri Oct 13 7:10 PM
Most of the pressure will be on Liverpool in the Saturday lunchtime kick-off and a counterattacking strategy could pay dividends for José Mourinho’s side I think if United don’t concede in the first 20 or 30 minutes then they can go on and win this match. Most of the pressure is on Liverpool – Sa...
- Fri Oct 13 3:26 PM
José Mourinho is well-equipped to exploit Liverpool’s weaknesses with the power, organisation and counter-attacking style of his joint league leaders but that would require a different strategy to what he successfully employed at Anfield last season. Marouane Fellaini and Paul Pogba are big misse...
- Fri Oct 13 3:20 PM
• Liverpool manager says Henderson should have been rested by Southgate • Klopp also unhappy at lack of time before Manchester United game Jürgen Klopp has criticised Gareth Southgate’s use of Jordan Henderson
during the international break and claimed it made “no sense” to play the Liverpool cap...
- Fri Oct 13 3:04 PM
José Mourinho says his Manchester United side will be faced with 'huge animosity' at Anfield on Saturday but is confident his players will relish the atmosphere on Merseyside. 'This is want we want. It's beautiful to play at Anfield, ' says the United manager ‘It is beautiful to play at Anfield,...
- Fri Oct 13 2:43 PM
• Manchester United manager says his team will thrive amid ‘huge animosity’ • ‘When we play at home and we don’t see big enthusiasm … we complain’ José Mourinho believes Manchester United will thrive in the “huge animosity” of Anfield on Saturday because his players will relish the atmosphere. Un...
- Fri Oct 13 12:00 PM
The Manchester United and Spain player talks about his Common Goal project, which wants to see 1% of football’s entire industry donated to charity, his relationship with José Mourinho and the death of his grandfather Ninety minutes with Juan Mata
is a time full of space and light. It’s a little l...
- Fri Oct 13 9:09 AM
Tell the storm that today’s rumours are new When the Mill read that Danny Rose
is about to become the subject of a bidding war between Manchester United and Manchester City , we put “Danny Rose
” into Google and discovered he’s a left-back who played for Tottenham Hotspur 10 months ago. Then we im...
- Thu Oct 12 10:30 PM
When the Centenary Stand at Anfield is named after the Liverpool legend, the former Manchester United manager will be adding his congratulations The Centenary Stand at Anfield becomes the Kenny Dalglish Stand on Friday and the guest list for the renaming ceremony both confirms and challenges the...
- Thu Oct 12 7:00 PM
Liverpool are a better side than they were at the end of Brendan Rodgers’ reign but a rampant Manchester United visit Anfield on Saturday and will be 10 points ahead of their rivals if they win Welcome back, then, the Premier League. Now. Where were we? Tasked with hitting the big dramatic notes...
- Thu Oct 12 9:00 AM
Today’s fluff is bold The gap between transfer windows is, more and more, a repository for many of those big deals that didn’t quite get struck before the late-August witching hour. It means some all-too familiar faces keep the Mill churning at this time of year and one is them is Alex Sandro , t...
- Wed Oct 11 6:42 PM
• Former midfielder grew up in area and could replace John Sheridan • 42-year-old has coaching experience with former club, Manchester United Paul Scholes
was interviewed for the Oldham Athletic manager’s job on Wednesday morning, with the club now deciding whether to give the former Manchester U...
- Tue Oct 10 4:18 PM
• Forward sustained injury in Senegal’s 2-0 win against Cape Verde Islands • Adam Lallana
still out as Liverpool host Manchester United on Saturday Liverpool have been dealt a blow only days before the visit of their arch-rivals Manchester United after Sadio Mané was ruled out for up to six weeks...
- Tue Oct 10 9:58 AM
Deschamps has to pick a balanced team while juggling the talents of Mbappé, Giroud, Dembélé, Griezmann, Lacazette, Payet and Martial – among others By Adam White and Eric Devin for Get French Football News France’s narrow victory over Bulgaria on Saturday night means Didier Deschamps has won more...
- Tue Oct 10 9:13 AM
Today’s fluff has the song of the chochona Today’s big news is that the Mirror has cracked the mystery surrounding José Mourinho’s presence at Serbia’s World Cup qualifier against Austria. Surely he wouldn’t have gone all that way just to keep an eye on Nemanja Matic, who he can keep a perfectly...
- Mon Oct 9 8:34 AM
Today’s fluff is covered in dripping Milan haven’t made a statement on the football pitch for quite some time and having had an underwhelming start to the season, that doesn’t look like changing any time soon. So, instead, they’ll focus on making a statement off it. Specifically, by channelling a...
- Sun Oct 8 11:38 AM
• Midfielder injured knee ligaments on international duty with Belgium • United down to two frontline midfielders after Fellaini blow Marouane Fellaini
has been ruled out of Manchester United’s trip to Liverpool on Saturday due to strained medial knee ligaments. It is expected he will need a numb...
- Sun Oct 8 9:00 AM
The Premier League leaders have amassed an enormous plus-20 goal difference already but Manchester United and top teams in Europe are also relentless These are historic times. Just look at the top of the Premier League table , where the two Manchester teams are divided only by the most dizzying o...