- Wed Nov 7 10:06 PM
A second six-goal performance inside a week took Manchester City to the brink of qualification for the Champions league knockout stage – but for Hoffenheim’s late equaliser they would have become the first team to go through with this victory – it was just a pity the night will be remembered for...
- Wed Nov 7 7:44 PM
Live updates from the 8pm kick-off at the Etihad Would Guardiola win the title with Man Utd’s squad? Juventus v Man Utd – live! | Follow all the goals Drop Michael an email | Tweet @michaelbutler18 7.44pm GMT Pep speaks! He is asked “how much is Sunday a factor in your team selection tonight?” Ze...
- Wed Nov 7 7:00 PM
Live updates from the 8pm kick-off at Allianz Stadium Would Guardiola win the title with United’s squad? Man City v Shakhtar – live! | Follow all the goals Drop Paul an email | Tweet @ Paul_Doyle 5.41pm GMT Before kickoff today, José Mourinho might invoke Tuesday’s night’s action, and not just to...
- Wed Nov 7 5:01 PM
The gap between the two Manchester clubs appears to be growing but that may be more down to City having a clear plan for the future rather than who is in the dugout If it is the Manchester derby on Sunday then it must be time to wheel out the arguments about which is the better squad, who would g...
- Tue Nov 6 7:34 PM
• Allegations concern City players’ image rights • Pep Guardiola: ‘We want to follow the rules’ Manchester City are facing fresh allegations that they circumvented Uefa’s financial fair play (FFP) rules – with claims the club saved millions by secretly setting up a shell company to pay players fo...
- Tue Nov 6 3:46 PM
• City have lost their last three home European games • ‘It’s down to the players, not the fans, ’ says Kyle Walker
Manchester City have denied there is an Etihad factor that works against them in the Champions League. Pep Guardiola’s team take on Shakhtar Donetsk on Wednesday on top of their gro...
- Sun Nov 4 10:30 PM
• Midfielder scored in Saturday’s entertaining draw at Arsenal • ‘Milly is like wine. A very good red one. He’s getting better’ James Milner
was the man who scored Liverpool’s goal in their 1-1 draw with Arsenal on Saturday and, according to Jürgen Klopp, it was also the midfielder who offered so...
- Sun Nov 4 8:40 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight View the Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Nov 4 8:26 PM
Pep Guardiola has warned rivals there is more to come from Raheem Sterling
after the winger inspired Manchester City to a 6-1 rout of Southampton which sent them back to the top of the Premier League. Sterling scored twice, taking him to 50 City goals, and added two assists to cap off a week in...
- Sun Nov 4 5:56 PM
Chelsea are not dismissing opponents with quite the same panache as Manchester City, or even drawing as much focus in the title race as a resurgent Liverpool. Yet, almost on the quiet, Maurizio Sarri equalled a Premier League record here by extending his unbeaten start in the division to 11 match...
- Sun Nov 4 5:10 PM
This dismantling of Southampton illustrates how difficult dethroning Manchester City will surely be. From opening whistle to the end Pep Guardiola’s supreme side made the contest a virtual duck-shoot on an afternoon when Raheem Sterling
was sublime. The forward scored twice and helped create thre...
- Sun Nov 4 2:43 PM
Pep Guardiola has rubbished claims his side are masters of 'tactical fouling' after TV pundit Gary Neville
suggested Manchester City players were clever at the sort of innocuous foul that stops the game and prevents opponents breaking quickly. That suggestion was raised by Manchester United mana...
- Sun Nov 4 2:00 PM
Updates from the 3pm GMT kick-off at City of Manchester Stadium Guardiola cries foul over Neville’s television accusations Email Bryan or tweet him your thoughts @BryanAGraham 12.46pm GMT Bryan will be here shortly, in the meantime here’s what Pep Guardiola had to say about Gary Neville’s recent...
- Sat Nov 3 10:30 PM
• Pundit said Manchester City commit many technical fouls • ‘I would never ask my players to deliberately foul an opponent’ Pep Guardiola has launched an impassioned defence of his tactics and footballing philosophy after Gary Neville
accused Manchester City of getting away with a high number of...
- Sat Nov 3 9:00 AM
Kevin De Bruyne’s knee injury is a blow though in his likely replacement, Bernardo Silva, Pep Guardiola has a fine player who Southampton will hardly relish facing. Last season’s corresponding fixture needed a 90th-minute Raheem Sterling strike to secure the win for Manchester City and the visito...
- Fri Nov 2 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager will not be distracted by Manchester City • Club are unlikely to buy players in January transfer window Jürgen Klopp has predicted this season’s title race will be the most exciting in years and warned Liverpool cannot become preoccupied with the imperious form of Manchester C...
- Fri Nov 2 9:11 PM
• Email reportedly sent to Khaldoon al-Mubarak in negotiations • Infantino, now Fifa president, was then Uefa general secretary Gianni Infantino played a central role in negotiations that led to a settlement when Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain were accused of breaking Uefa’s financial fa...
- Fri Nov 2 1:04 PM
Burnley are likely to feel some relief when travelling to West Ham despite back-to-back thrashings from Manchester City and Chelsea. The home side are struggling too after losing three of their past four in all competitions. Sean Dyche will feel even better about the trip if Marko Arnautovic is n...
- Fri Nov 2 12:22 PM
• Manchester City player injured left knee against Fulham • Lengthy absence would be major blow to Pep Guardiola Kevin De Bruyne fears his knee injury may rule him out for at least a month, with the Manchester City player waiting on the results of further tests. Related: Premier League news, Arse...
- Fri Nov 2 12:01 AM
Liverpool to reveal how good Arsenal really are, Lukaku to be on the bench again and Hart has a point to prove at West Ham After the Unai Emery era opened with defeats by Manchester City and Chelsea, it was hard not to wonder if Arsenal were going to endure another uncertain season. Yet a kind ru...
- Thu Nov 1 9:57 PM
Manchester City’s bid to retain the Carabao Cup will take in a trip to Leicester or Southampton after this canter of a win over Fulham that featured Brahim Díaz’s first goals for the club. Pep Guardiola will be pleased with securing a place in the quarter-finals but concerned to see Kevin De Bruy...