- Mon May 21 2:07 PM
• Mahrez almost joined Manchester City in January • Guardiola also keen to sign Napoli midfielder Jorginho Pep Guardiola has revived his interest in Riyad Mahrez, with Manchester City’s manager having continued to monitor the Leicester forward following the breakdown of a prospective deal in Janu...
- Sat May 19 12:01 PM
In April Nick Cushing’s charges were on course for the treble of WSL, FA Cup and Champions League. A few weeks later and securing second place is all that remains open to them When Manchester City announced that their women’s team would be embarking on a ground-breaking tour of the United States...
- Fri May 18 10:00 AM
• Wilshere ‘incredibly disappointed … I should be in the squad’ • Goalkeeper Hart ‘gutted’ and says omission is ‘hard to take’ Jack Wilshere
and Joe Hart
have both spoken out on their disappointment at being omitted from Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the World Cup. Hart, who has 75 interna...
- Thu May 17 6:00 PM
• Manager had one season remaining on his deal • Guardiola due to spend at least five years with City Pep Guardiola has signed a two-year contract extension at Manchester City, taking him to the end of the 2020-21 season. If Guardiola sees out the contract he will have spent five years at City, l...
- Thu May 17 3:33 PM
England manager Gareth Southgate has addressed the media after his World Cup squad was announced. Southgate praised new call-up Trent Alexander-Arnold and said the door is still open for Joe Hart
in future England’s Southgate praises Alexander-Arnold and offers future hope to Hart Continue reading
- Thu May 17 9:04 AM
Today’s tell-all didn’t get where it is today by telling the truth to customers when they make complaints The inevitable stampede for the West Brom exit door looks likely to be led by Jonny Evans
, who is reported to be the subject of interest from managerless Arsenal. A relegation release clause...
- Tue May 15 10:17 PM
• Experienced duo set to miss out on England’s World Cup squad • Young, Rose and Delph poised to win places in Russia Joe Hart
and Jack Wilshere
are the high-profile omissions from Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the World Cup this summer after the national manager opted against selecting tw...
- Tue May 15 8:59 PM
Arsenal midfielder pays World Cup price for continual underachieving while Manchester City exit began downward spiral for goalkeeper on loan at West Ham Jack Wilshere
and Joe Hart
appear to be the early casualties of Gareth Southgate’s England planning – two relatively young players who would hav...
- Tue May 15 12:00 PM
• 75-times capped keeper will not be part of Wednesday’s squad • Hart’s form for West Ham this season has cost him place Joe Hart
has become the first high-profile omission from England’s squad for the summer’s World Cup after Gareth Southgate opted against selecting the national side’s most expe...
- Tue May 15 11:37 AM
Around 100, 000 fans turned out to see Manchester City's Premier League victory parade through the streets of the city centre. Pep Guardiola's side won the title by 19 points, with second-placed Manchester United never threatening to usurp them. Their 1-0 win over Southampton on the final day of...
- Tue May 15 10:20 AM
Burnley, Huddersfield and Brighton to be relegated? It felt like the right answer at the time Every year we step up and make bold predictions about the Premier League season and every year we are proved a little bit right and more than a little bit wrong. Burnley, Huddersfield and Brighton fans,...
- Tue May 15 12:12 AM
• Former Manchester City manager succeeds Gian Piero Ventura • Italy failed to qualify for World Cup for first time since 1958 Roberto Mancini, the former Manchester City manager, has been confirmed as the new head coach of Italy. He succeeds Gian Piero Ventura, who was sacked in November after I...