- Wed Nov 8 12:08 PM
From a bargain triumph at Brighton to a costly success at Manchester City, and from a struggling £25m Leicester striker to an unseen defender at Southampton, we assess how last summer’s transfer business looks so far Pascal Gross (Ingolstadt to Brighton, £2.6m) Related: The 10 most improved playe...
- Tue Nov 7 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager wary of reading too much into Wembley friendlies • ‘All the journalists need to cool down, ’ Klopp says Jürgen Klopp has called on the media not to get carried away with England’s showing in their forthcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil. Gareth Southgate’s side face...
- Mon Nov 6 9:48 PM
• Striker hurt in Tottenham Hotspur’s 1-0 win over Crystal Palace • Daniel Sturridge
or Jermain Defoe
may be called up for Germany and Brazil Harry Kane has been ruled out of England’s friendlies against Germany and Brazil following a scan on an injury that leaves a gaping hole in Gareth Southgat...
- Mon Nov 6 9:09 AM
may tire of being kicked, Tony Pulis is under pressure at West Brom and Pep Guardiola may seek more firepower in January Eden Hazard
was fouled six times at Stamford Bridge. At one point in the second half the Belgium international was fouled by not one but three opponents in the colo...
- Mon Nov 6 8:13 AM
Today’s fluff has been spotted by accident Barcelona sent their sporting director, Robert Fernández, to Wembley to watch Spurs and Real Madrid last week – and what a time he had! His brief was to monitor Tottenham’s whispy creator Christian Eriksen who, presumably, the club see as a long-term rep...
- Sun Nov 5 7:56 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Nov 5 4:02 PM
The Liverpool manager adapted his tactical approach and their opponents were left confused and overrun in a manner that bore hallmarks of Borussia Dortmund at their peak under Klopp Jürgen Klopp can occasionally not answer the question posed to him, and he was at it again after Liverpool’s 4-1 vi...
- Sun Nov 5 9:00 AM
Feeble performance by team who should be doing so much better results in 4-1 home defeat by Liverpool that provides few signs of any improvement to come It was four, it should have been six, it could have been 10. West Ham United have hardly prospered since moving to the London Stadium but, like...
- Sat Nov 4 10:37 PM
• West Ham manager under intense pressure after 4-1 defeat by Liverpool • Bilic: ‘I believe in myself and my team. I don’t feel a broken man’ Slaven Bilic is prepared to face “the situation and the consequences” after West Ham United’s latest capitulation at the London Stadium further loosened hi...
- Sat Nov 4 9:40 PM
Liverpool piled the pressure on West Ham manager Slaven Bilic with their 4-1 win at the London Stadium on Saturday evening which leaves the Hammers just one point above the relegation zone. Following the match Bilic admits no individual is bigger than the club, including himself Liverpool pile pr...
- Sat Nov 4 7:40 PM
For West Ham, it was another forgettable experience at the London Stadium. Another drubbing in the sprawling new home that was supposed to take this underachieving club to unimaginable heights, another night when the mood in the stands was mutinous at first and resigned by the time the final whis...
- Sat Nov 4 5:43 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off Jürgen Klopp and Slaven Bilic back Lovren after death threats And feel free to email your thoughts to Rob 5.43pm GMT 12 min Chicharito turns Matip 25 yards from goal and is palpably hoofed in the shin. The referee waves play on. 5.40pm GMT 9 min...
- Sat Nov 4 6:00 AM
Liverpool greats line up to pay tribute to tough-nosed Scottish football manager Bill Shankly in this sweeping, melancholic documentary An unmistakable air of regret and melancholy hangs over this – understandably – hagiographic portrait of Bill Shankly , the tough-nosed Scot who singlehandedly y...
- Fri Nov 3 10:30 PM
• Liverpool fans also rally behind centre-half after traumatic fortnight • Bilic: ‘Lovren is a really good lad, an honest lad, he never makes any excuses’ Dejan Lovren has been given strong support by his manager, Jürgen Klopp, and West Ham’s Slaven Bilic after the defender received death threats...
- Fri Nov 3 3:37 PM
• Striker back in training earlier than expected following hamstring injury • Jürgen Klopp suggests he could play ‘20-25’ minutes at the London Stadium Jürgen Klopp has said Sadio Mané could be a surprise inclusion for Liverpool’s visit to West Ham United on Saturday and he would welcome internat...
- Fri Nov 3 3:07 PM
A fortnight on from that thumping by Tottenham, Liverpool have a spring in their step again after successive 3-0 home wins over Huddersfield and Maribor. They won 4-0 at the London Stadium last season and will back themselves to overcome the absence of Philippe Coutinho against a West Ham side wh...
- Thu Nov 2 6:58 PM
• Liverpool employ 1, 000 part-time staff on match days • ‘This demonstrates how highly we value all those who work for the club’ Liverpool are to become the first Premier League club to commit to paying all employees, including casuals on match days, the real living wage. Chelsea and Everton hav...
- Thu Nov 2 5:09 PM
• Slaven Bilic plans to exploit Liverpool’s weaknesses at the London Stadium • West Ham missing five defenders but Winston Reid
and Aaron Cresswell fit West Ham United will have five defenders missing against Liverpool on Saturday but Slaven Bilic still believes his team can pull off a result aga...