- Sat Feb 3 10:30 PM
Tottenham’s captain says aggression was the key to sinking Manchester United and wants more of the same at Anfield Harry Kane started sprinting before the first whistle in Tottenham Hotspur’s 2-0 Wembley win over Manchester United on Wednesday night and, for Hugo Lloris
, it was a moment to symbol...
- Sat Feb 3 10:29 PM
• City form means Liverpool must wait for first Premier League title • ‘All the rest of us can do is keep trying, ’ Liverpool manager says Liverpool and Tottenham are waiting for their first Premier League title and Jürgen Klopp has warned they might still be doing the same next season, because h...
- Sat Feb 3 9:00 AM
Tottenham will arrive on a high following defeat of Manchester United plus a comprehensive victory over Liverpool at Wembley in October. Since that 4-1 reverse, however, Jürgen Klopp’s side have lost only once in 16 league games, scoring 43 goals in that period, and arrested a recent dip with vic...
- Fri Feb 2 10:30 PM
• ‘We have to be ready to achieve the biggest thing, ’ says German • Liverpool look to increase gap on Spurs in Sunday’s showdown Jürgen Klopp believes a top-four finish would constitute a successful season for Liverpool, although the ultimate aim remains “to overtake all” their Premier League ri...
- Fri Feb 2 8:00 PM
If football is not merely to be the propaganda wing of petro-inflated billionaires, Tottenham must be the model – yet they face Liverpool on Sunday with their position precarious There is an awkwardness to the situation in which Tottenham find themselves, a hollowness that should reverberate arou...
- Thu Feb 1 2:01 PM
The January transfer window has been a bonanza for agents but clubs and governing bodies are preparing to put a stop to it The January transfer window closed with a blizzard of late moves, delivering £50m as the new normal fee for players – £142m for one of the best, Philippe Coutinho – and undis...
- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Tue Jan 30 11:08 PM
Liverpool’s epic defeat of Manchester City this month was beginning to look like a Pyrrhic victory through being followed by two unexpected losses against team from the bottom of the Premier League, but goals from Emre Can and Roberto Firmino and a late penalty from Mohamed Salah helped them stop...
- Tue Jan 30 7:43 PM
Premier League updates from the 8pm (GMT) kick-off Sturridge never fitted the bill for Klopp at Liverpool And feel free to email or tweet Simon to get in touch 7.43pm GMT Klopp has also spoken about his team, confirming that Lovren has come into the team just to give Van Dijk a bit of a breather,...
- Tue Jan 30 10:52 AM
The striker who joined West Brom on loan on Monday has struggled with injuries, but his relationship with his manager has never been an easy one Looking back, it was probably never going to work out between Daniel Sturridge
and Jürgen Klopp at Liverpool. The will was there, and they gave it a dec...
- Mon Jan 29 4:04 PM
• Manager says TV wanted no more than four minutes’ stoppage time • BT Sport denies claim and says it has no influence on the decision Jürgen Klopp has alleged Liverpool’s FA Cup tie against West Bromwich Albion was cut short by six minutes on the orders of broadcasters. Liverpool’s fourth-round...
- Mon Jan 29 2:11 PM
• West Brom understood to have agreed loan fee of about £1.5m • Klopp says Countinho will not be replaced this month Daniel Sturridge
is expected to join West Bromwich Albion, not Newcastle United, on loan until the end of the season. The out-of-favour Liverpool striker has attracted interest fro...
- Mon Jan 29 8:23 AM
Michy Batshuayi might be just what Chelsea need, VAR creates fresh farce and Coventry’s on-field outlook brightens at last Cardiff are not the first team to irk Pep Guardiola this season with their aggressive style but the constant fouling and Lee Mason’s conservative use of cards meant Mancheste...
- Sun Jan 28 10:30 PM
• Liverpool manager demands: “We have to show we can do better” • Klopp endures a third successive fourth-round defeat in FA Cup Jürgen Klopp said the pressure is on Liverpool following their FA Cup exit and the reaction to defeat by West Bromwich Albion will determine their fortunes in the Champ...
- Sun Jan 28 8:13 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup fourth-round matches Continue reading
- Sun Jan 28 3:11 PM
• Chelsea remain unbeaten in the Women’s Super League this season • England manager Phil Neville attends Liverpool and Reading games Chelsea retained their unbeaten start to the Women’s Super League season by dispatching Everton thanks to Jonna Andersson’s late goal at Kingsmeadow, after Courtney...