- Thu Jul 26 10:30 PM
• Egyptian striker shows value in 2-1 win over Manchester City • Milner warns teammates they must chip in to help with goals James Milner
believes Mohamed Salah can better the phenomenal impact he had at Liverpool last season but says his teammates must ease the pressure on the Egypt internationa...
- Thu Jul 26 9:06 AM
• Liverpool have spent £250m on six players since January • Mourinho knew Martial would leave US tour for birth of child José Mourinho has claimed there is a “demand” on Jürgen Klopp to finally win a trophy next season as the Liverpool manager due to his high level of investment. The German has b...
- Thu Jul 26 8:41 AM
• Goalkeeper will be third choice at Chelsea • ‘You get a call like this and it is a short conversation, ’ he says Chelsea have signed the former England goalkeeper Rob Green on a one-year contract, the club have announced. “It has been a whirlwind 24 hours, ” Green said. “You are thinking about...
- Thu Jul 26 3:51 AM
Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool Mo Salah equalises after Leroy Sané’s opener Sadio Mané’s stoppage-time penalty sealed a 2-1 win for Liverpool over Manchester City in the International Champions Cup. Related: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool: International Champions Cup – as it happened Continue reading
- Thu Jul 26 12:05 AM
Man City face Liverpool in pre-season friendly at MetLife Stadium Liverpool’s Xherdan Shaqiri clears the air after move from Stoke Tweet Beau at @duresport or email him 12.05am BST Good evening. Liverpool and Manchester City will be playing a game of association football, which the English shorte...
- Wed Jul 25 10:30 PM
Swiss winger shrugs off criticism from the Neville brothers and former teammate Charlie Adam
and says his ‘conscience is clear’ and he wanted to move to Anfield four years ago Recrimination often accompanies relegation and perhaps that is why, of all the high‑profile signings at Liverpool this su...
- Wed Jul 25 12:19 PM
• Liverpool had been ready to offload player for £20m last season • Striker could be in starting lineup to face West Ham Jürgen Klopp has been impressed by Daniel Sturridge
’s pre-season and is prepared to give the striker another chance. Last summer Liverpool were ready to offload the 28-year-old...
- Tue Jul 24 10:30 PM
• Gareth Southgate did not select Lallana due to injury issues • Liverpool midfielder ‘feeling good’ ahead of new campaign Adam Lallana
has spoken of his frustration at missing the World Cup but accepts Gareth Southgate made “probably the right call” when omitting him from the England squad. Rela...
- Tue Jul 24 7:47 PM
• Guardiola: ‘It is impossible to break more records in the league’ • Spaniard says Liverpool will be title challengers Pep Guardiola has said Manchester City raised the level of the Premier League last season and it will be impossible to break the records his team set in their title-winning camp...
- Tue Jul 24 5:33 PM
From rising star Kylian Mbappé to five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo
- we take a look at football’s most expensive signings so far this summer Transfer window 2018 – every summer deal from Europe’s top five leagues Continue reading
- Tue Jul 24 8:50 AM
Today’s fluff don’t wanna be a loner Anthony Martial will be allowed to leave Manchester United, but not to join Chelsea or Tottenham. United want £70m for the Frenchman, but they have no intention of allowing an English club to pay it – nor will they have to, with Paris St-Germain, Borussia Dort...
- Mon Jul 23 10:30 PM
Liverpool’s manager knows that after a summer of lavish spending the club needs to start winning trophies “You probably won’t like this question, ” Jürgen Klopp is forewarned. There is usually no “probably” about it. Usually any question that looks beyond the next game or requires a prediction fr...
- Mon Jul 23 7:49 PM
German can learn from his Everton counterpart Jordan Pickford if he is to improve and stay at Anfield Maybe, just maybe, Loris Karius needs to stop seeing himself as an artist and start thinking like a scientist? Perhaps his faith in the powers of instinct could do with being underpinned with a f...
- Mon Jul 23 9:21 AM
Today’s tell-all has never bought a bourgeois house in the Hollywood hills Local Lyon newspaper Le Progrès say there has not been and will not be any progress in Liverpool’s efforts to sign Nabil Fekir , according to the Mirror. The World Cup winning midfielder had been the subject of well docume...
- Mon Jul 23 2:32 AM
Pulisic hits twice as Dortmund rally to top Liverpool in friendly Liverpool 1-3 Borussia Dortmund – as it happened Christian Pulisic scored two second-half goals to lift Borussia Dortmund to a 3-1 win over Liverpool in an International Champions Cup friendly in North Carolina on Sunday. Pulisic a...
- Sun Jul 22 9:00 PM
With just weeks until the big kick-off Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham have been among the biggest spenders A new manager has arrived and five players have joined, with key signings in goal, defence and, not before time, defensive midfield. Unai Emery has since declared his squad “complete”, with...
- Sun Jul 22 8:22 PM
Liverpool and Dortmund meet in pre-season friendly in Charlotte Tweet Beau at @duresport or email him 8.22pm BST is not in the starting XI for Dortmund. The young American is the subject of persistent transfer rumors, with Liverpool the most talked-about suitor in part due to the Klopp connection...
- Fri Jul 20 10:31 PM
The midfielder idolised Steven Gerrard
while growing up in Guinea – now he has taken on his No8 shirt and has made an immediate impact Ewood Park on Thursday night and it is not only updates on Alisson’s world-record move to Anfield that is enthralling thousands of Liverpool fans in the Darwen En...
- Fri Jul 20 11:00 AM
With 18 teams taking part across 22 venues over the next few weeks, the ICC tournament has taken pre-season friendies to different audiences around the globe Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and 15 other heavyweight European teams. Twenty-seven matches staged in 22 venues on three co...
- Fri Jul 20 9:46 AM
Liverpool have signed Brazil's No.1 goalkeeper Alisson for a world-record £66.9m. The 25-year-old has signed a six-year contract with the Reds. The move makes Alisson the most expensive goalkeeper of all time Continue reading
- Fri Jul 20 9:00 AM
Liverpool’s £66.9m signing, who comes from a family of goalkeepers and models himself on Manuel Neuer, overcame a testing start at Roma to become the world’s most expensive keeper Alisson may be a little more cautious in his approach to learning a new language this time around. Shortly after sign...