- Tue Dec 26 9:37 PM
Jürgen Klopp said the one-sided scoreline did not reflect the game and praised Roberto Firmino for his display after the Brazilian scored two goals in the win at Anfield Roberto Firmino double leads Liverpool’s rout of sorry Swansea Continue reading
- Tue Dec 26 7:48 PM
Huw Jenkins, the Swansea City chairman, slumped lower and lower in his padded seat in the Anfield directors’ box as Liverpool served up a Boxing Day rout. Jürgen Klopp’s team were a league apart from the struggling South Wales club and next season they will be just that unless Leon Britton, or wh...
- Tue Dec 26 4:30 PM
Live Premier League updates from the 5.30pm kick-off at Anfield Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says his first thought is to defend Premier League fans’ half-time verdict – part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool Premier League fans’ half-time verdict - part 2: Man City to West Ham Email Simon or tweet: @Sim...
- Tue Dec 26 2:00 PM
Live Premier League updates from the 3pm kick-offs Premier League fans’ half-time verdict – part 1: Arsenal to Liverpool Premier League fans’ half-time verdict - part 2: Man City to West Ham Email Michael or tweet: @michaelbutler18 11.59am GMT Are you bored of Christmas? Ready to poke your head a...
- Mon Dec 25 10:30 PM
• Klopp rejects idea that Liverpool’s default setting is too offensive • Simon Mignolet
mistake against Arsenal ‘will never happen again’ Liverpool’s failings at the back returned in untimely fashion at Arsenal on Friday but Jürgen Klopp has rejected the idea that his team’s default programming i...
- Mon Dec 25 5:00 PM
Liverpool legend says his first taste of coaching in the club’s academy has been challenging but has done nothing to stop him wanting a long career as a manager It took Steven Gerrard
five months to accept the end of his time at LA Galaxy was also the conclusion of his 19-year career as a profess...
- Sun Dec 24 8:30 AM
The Observer fans’ network on the season so far: Burnley flying high, Big Sam at Goodison and Liverpool’s spectacular slip-ups • Part 2: Manchester City to West Ham Once again, we’ve flattered to deceive. The two high-points so far have been the way we’ve put our deluded neighbours back in their...
- Sat Dec 23 10:30 PM
• Manager targets Champions League place after 3-3 draw against Arsenal • ‘We are on our way and we have to keep the team together’ Jürgen Klopp has conceded Liverpool stand no chance of winning the Premier League title this season after they threw away a 2-0 lead to draw 3-3 with Arsenal on Frid...
- Sat Dec 23 1:28 PM
Jürgen Klopp lamented both individual errors at the back – most obviously, the flap by the goalkeeper, Simon Mignolet
, for Granit Xhaka’s equaliser – and some profligacy from his forwards in the final third. 'We had five minutes where we had obvious, individual problems. The five minutes, of cou...
- Sat Dec 23 9:00 AM
Arsenal manager trusted his young full-back against the explosive Mohamed Salah and Ainsley Maitland-Niles can be pleased with his performance Perhaps, in the kind of skewed reading that meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool have come to invite, this fixture was the perfect laboratory for a youn...
- Sat Dec 23 12:01 AM
• Liverpool manager apologises about reaction to Roberto Firmino equaliser • Arsène Wenger frustrated at home team’s inability to hold on to 3-2 lead Jürgen Klopp said that Liverpool had to be “more angry than sad or disappointed” after he watched his team throw away a 2-0 lead at Arsenal during...
- Fri Dec 22 10:46 PM
Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané could do nothing to prevent meltdown after passing up chances to finish off home side The battle for the top four produced a game that was all about fours, as both managers opted for a boldness of approach: the Fab Four Liverpool fo...
- Fri Dec 22 9:54 PM
Sometimes it is better simply to glory in the madness of it all. Arsenal had been abject in the first half. They trailed to Philippe Coutinho’s header and the damage ought to have been heavier. The boos at half-time were loud and angry. Liverpool had been excellent. To say that the game was turne...
- Fri Dec 22 6:49 PM
Premier League updates from the 7.45pm GMT kick-off Wenger’s efforts to counter the counter cause confusion And feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org 6.49pm GMT Arsenal (4-2-3-1) Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles; Wilshere, Xhaka; Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez; Lacazette. Substitut...
- Fri Dec 22 4:53 PM
• Everton manager sounds off after visit to North Liverpool Foodbank • ‘People who are in work cannot afford to live at a decent level’ Sam Allardyce has branded the growing number of food banks in Britain a national disgrace after visiting one in his role as Everton manager this week. Allardyce,...
- Fri Dec 22 8:20 AM
How will Arsenal cope with Liverpool’s fearsome foursome, the Mark Hughes ultimatum and whether Sam Allardyce will ever win over Everton fans It would be a dereliction of duty if Arsène Wenger has not spent the past few days coming up with a way to stop Liverpool’s fearsome attack from running ri...
- Thu Dec 21 10:30 PM
• German believes Arsène Wenger receives unfair criticism • Klopp has signed contract extension at Anfield until 2022 Jürgen Klopp has said he hopes to be “the perfect fit” for Liverpool for many years but could leave after winning a trophy unless there remains room for improvement at Anfield. Th...
- Thu Dec 21 10:29 PM
• ‘Every player has to fight, it’s part of being a top player’ • Midfielder left Arsenal for Anfield in summer transfer window Arsène Wenger has questioned whether Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
is any more certain of a starting place at Liverpool than he was at Arsenal, as he reflected on the midfielde...
- Thu Dec 21 9:03 AM
Today’s rumours aren’t exactly cruising towards a break As clubs across the land enter into the festive spirit, Jürgen Klopp has given orders for Anfield to be festooned with all sorts of decorations, including tinsel, baubles and Daniel Sturridge . And although West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and Swa...
- Wed Dec 20 6:36 PM
• Liverpool manager works on improving midfielder’s scoring touch • Klopp finds it ‘unbelievable’ Arsenal did not try to do the same Jürgen Klopp has claimed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
can realise his goalscoring potential at Liverpool and it is “unbelievable” the midfielder did not get that opportu...
- Wed Dec 20 3:49 PM
Once the top flight’s hottest ticket, Arsenal and Liverpool remains one of the sport’s most prestigious rivalries even if the stakes have been tempered With the Guardian’s unstoppable rise to global dominance** we at Guardian US thought we’d run a series of articles for fans wishing to improve th...