- Fri Dec 22 10:46 PM
Mohamed Salah, Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mané could do nothing to prevent meltdown after passing up chances to finish off home side The battle for the top four produced a game that was all about fours, as both managers opted for a boldness of approach: the Fab Four Liverpool fo...
- Fri Dec 22 9:54 PM
Sometimes it is better simply to glory in the madness of it all. Arsenal had been abject in the first half. They trailed to Philippe Coutinho’s header and the damage ought to have been heavier. The boos at half-time were loud and angry. Liverpool had been excellent. To say that the game was turne...
- Fri Dec 22 6:49 PM
Premier League updates from the 7.45pm GMT kick-off Wenger’s efforts to counter the counter cause confusion And feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org 6.49pm GMT Arsenal (4-2-3-1) Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Monreal, Maitland-Niles; Wilshere, Xhaka; Iwobi, Ozil, Sanchez; Lacazette. Substitut...
- Fri Dec 22 4:53 PM
• Everton manager sounds off after visit to North Liverpool Foodbank • ‘People who are in work cannot afford to live at a decent level’ Sam Allardyce has branded the growing number of food banks in Britain a national disgrace after visiting one in his role as Everton manager this week. Allardyce,...
- Fri Dec 22 8:20 AM
How will Arsenal cope with Liverpool’s fearsome foursome, the Mark Hughes ultimatum and whether Sam Allardyce will ever win over Everton fans It would be a dereliction of duty if Arsène Wenger has not spent the past few days coming up with a way to stop Liverpool’s fearsome attack from running ri...
- Thu Dec 21 10:30 PM
• German believes Arsène Wenger receives unfair criticism • Klopp has signed contract extension at Anfield until 2022 Jürgen Klopp has said he hopes to be “the perfect fit” for Liverpool for many years but could leave after winning a trophy unless there remains room for improvement at Anfield. Th...
- Thu Dec 21 10:29 PM
• ‘Every player has to fight, it’s part of being a top player’ • Midfielder left Arsenal for Anfield in summer transfer window Arsène Wenger has questioned whether Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
is any more certain of a starting place at Liverpool than he was at Arsenal, as he reflected on the midfielde...
- Thu Dec 21 9:03 AM
Today’s rumours aren’t exactly cruising towards a break As clubs across the land enter into the festive spirit, Jürgen Klopp has given orders for Anfield to be festooned with all sorts of decorations, including tinsel, baubles and Daniel Sturridge . And although West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and Swa...
- Wed Dec 20 6:36 PM
• Liverpool manager works on improving midfielder’s scoring touch • Klopp finds it ‘unbelievable’ Arsenal did not try to do the same Jürgen Klopp has claimed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
can realise his goalscoring potential at Liverpool and it is “unbelievable” the midfielder did not get that opportu...
- Wed Dec 20 3:49 PM
Once the top flight’s hottest ticket, Arsenal and Liverpool remains one of the sport’s most prestigious rivalries even if the stakes have been tempered With the Guardian’s unstoppable rise to global dominance** we at Guardian US thought we’d run a series of articles for fans wishing to improve th...
- Mon Dec 18 10:30 PM
• Goalkeeper says 20-goal forward has done even better than predicted • Mignolet praises Salah’s defensive contribution alongside scoring streak Simon Mignolet
admits Mohamed Salah’s prolific start to the season has surpassed all expectations but believes the in‑form Liverpool winger’s willingnes...
- Sun Dec 17 9:07 PM
• ‘He’s the most professional person I’ve seen all season’. says England player • Brazilian Coutinho sparkles in Liverpool’s 4-0 romp at Bournemouth Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
described Philippe Coutinho as “the most professional person I’ve seen all season” after the Brazilian playmaker dazzled in...
- Sun Dec 17 8:50 PM
Egyptian’s ‘world-class’ effort means he reached 20 goals for Liverpool in 26th game and left Eddie Howe saying ‘ I do not want to play Liverpool again any time soon’ Think less Fab Four and more Tormenting Trio. Liverpool are not perfect – particularly defensively – but they have no problems ent...
- Sun Dec 17 8:45 PM
Jürgen Klopp praises his Liverpool side after they comfortably dispatched Bournemouth 4-0 on Sunday afternoon. The Reds moved up to fourth in the Premier League table with the win before a crucial meeting with Arsenal on Friday night. ‘I’m really happy about the full package we showed today, ’ sa...
- Sun Dec 17 8:00 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight. • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 17 6:35 PM
When Liverpool purr like this, delighting in every incisive move and swarming all over panicked opponents, it is hard to contemplate the reality they are a team only marginally closer to the top of the table than the condemned beneath the relegation cut-off. This was a performance to showcase all...
- Sun Dec 17 3:43 PM
All the action from the 4.30pm kick-off from the Vitality Stadium West Brom v Manchester United – live! Live scores: all Sunday’s goals as they go in! Email Daniel | or tweet @DanielHarris 3.42pm GMT Anyone else remember our last @premierleague fixture against @LFC at Vitality Stadium? #afcb pic....
- Sun Dec 17 10:00 AM
The writer on Ella Fitzgerald’s Christmas album, her appreciation of brilliant footballers and why Radio 4’s Saturday Review is perfect while washing dishes Brought up in Castlebar, County Mayo, Sally Rooney studied English at Trinity College, Dublin. From the age of 19 she started debating compe...
- Sat Dec 16 10:30 PM
After sparkling against Spartak, Anfield’s finest struggled against mediocre Everton and West Brom, but at least they can count on Mohamed Salah Liverpool are starting to do the mid-season disappointment thing all over again. They hit a fantastic high with seven goals against Spartak Moscow , onl...
- Sat Dec 16 9:00 AM
For Jürgen Klopp, a trip to Bournemouth is a headache his Liverpool side could probably do without. After stuttering to draws at home to Everton and then West Bromwich Albion, they now face Eddie Howe’s side, who on home turf have a habit of giving the bigger sides a fright – if not worse – as in...