- Thu Nov 2 6:58 PM
• Liverpool employ 1, 000 part-time staff on match days • ‘This demonstrates how highly we value all those who work for the club’ Liverpool are to become the first Premier League club to commit to paying all employees, including casuals on match days, the real living wage. Chelsea and Everton hav...
- Thu Nov 2 5:09 PM
• Slaven Bilic plans to exploit Liverpool’s weaknesses at the London Stadium • West Ham missing five defenders but Winston Reid
and Aaron Cresswell fit West Ham United will have five defenders missing against Liverpool on Saturday but Slaven Bilic still believes his team can pull off a result aga...
- Wed Nov 1 9:50 PM
Jürgen Klopp can add fortune-telling to his list of talents. The Liverpool manager predicted Saturday’s 3-0 defeat of Huddersfield Town would be perfect preparation for their Champions League return with Maribor and so it proved with unerring accuracy. Maribor restored some pride after their 7-0...
- Wed Nov 1 7:17 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from Anfield Follow Tottenham v Real Madrid | Follow Napoli v Manchester City Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Tweet @Paul_Doyle 7.17pm GMT “That’s a strong XI and a strong bench, ” squawks Gerrard Catebsy. “With Phil, Lallana, Mané and Clyne to come back, there is actu...
- Wed Nov 1 7:10 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the match at Stadio San Paolo Follow Tottenham v Real Madrid | Follow Liverpool v Maribor Scott’s new book, The Title , containing plenty of hot City action Email email@example.com 6.55pm GMT Manchester City make four changes to the team sent out to flatte...
- Wed Nov 1 11:40 AM
Review by former bishop of Liverpool makes 25 recommendations for future inquests where public authorities are represented An official review of the Hillsborough families’ 27-year ordeal since the 1989 disaster has recommended that bereaved families must have funding for full legal representation...
- Tue Oct 31 10:30 PM
• Manager cites 1954 World Cup as example of game’s capacity to shock • Klopp warns Liverpool against complacency after 7-0 thrashing in October Long before Istanbul there was the Miracle of Bern and Jürgen Klopp believes Liverpool should heed a warning from history when they host Maribor on Wedn...
- Tue Oct 31 12:39 PM
• Croatia defender reveals Instagram user threatened to murder his family • ‘I cannot ignore when my family is threatened. I can’t and won’t accept that’ Dejan Lovren has branded death threats made against his family as “disgusting”. The Liverpool and Croatia defender - in the news of late after...
- Mon Oct 30 8:24 AM
Arsenal need Sead Kolasinac to recover quickly; Liverpool’s search for a penalty-taker goes on; and Newcastle prepare for a ‘sliding doors’ moment Next Sunday, Manchester City host Arsenal at 1.30pm and Manchester United play Chelsea at 4pm; it really is amazing just how often the fixture list th...
- Sun Oct 29 10:31 PM
• Striker’s long wait to become a goal centurion reflects injury woes • The sense is Liverpool can be slicker and quicker without Sturridge Jürgen Klopp had already signified his approval of “a really wonderful goal” when, with grinning exaggeration, his thoughts turned to what Daniel Sturridge
- Sun Oct 29 9:45 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Oct 29 7:00 PM
It is early days but managerial stability is powering an upsurge in results which suggests the Premier League sides can threaten Europe’s best The Champions League group stage is now at its halfway point, each team having played three matches with three more to come, and before anything happens t...
- Sat Oct 28 5:20 PM
David Wagner planted a little kiss on Jürgen Klopp’s cheek as the two friends embraced on the final whistle. The Liverpool manager will have cherished three points much more. There was audible discontent around Anfield at half-time of what Klopp had labelled a must-win contest. It was ultimately...
- Fri Oct 27 5:55 PM
Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all wanted him in the summer but Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
is still no nearer to holding down a regular first-team place At the height of the cold war, the Soviet Union developed a deep institutional suspicion towards denim jeans. Jeans and jean‑related items were see...
- Fri Oct 27 3:18 PM
Best friends Jürgen Klopp and David Wagner oppose each other for the first time in the Premier League with contrasting moods around their teams. Huddersfield arrive at Anfield on a high following victory over Manchester United but, having succumbed meekly at Tottenham last weekend , Liverpool des...
- Fri Oct 27 12:05 PM
• Brazilian midfielder has minor abductor injury • Sadio Mané remains out of action for several weeks Philippe Coutinho could miss Liverpool’s Premier League game at home to Huddersfield Town on Saturday through injury. The Brazil international is believed to have suffered a slight abductor probl...