- Sat Jan 6 8:00 PM
Everton’s loss can be England’s gain in a World Cup year if Antonio Conte can do the trick for a real confidence player There was a time, going back a few years, when Everton envisaged Ross Barkley
being a different kind of player to the one we see now. Ask David Moyes and he will tell you that a...
- Sat Jan 6 2:38 PM
Everton manager Sam Allardyce and Liverpool counterpart Jürgen Klopp and speak to the press after a fractious Merseyside derby, in which Everton defender Mason Holgate appeared to accuse Liverpool's Roberto Firmino of using a racist term. Continue reading
- Sat Jan 6 12:23 AM
• Brazilian forward clashed with Mason Holgate in first half of Cup tie • FA expected to launch investigation into incident The Football Association is expected to launch an investigation into allegations by the Everton defender Mason Holgate that he was racially abused by Roberto Firmino during...
- Fri Jan 5 11:08 PM
The new £75m central defender had a comfortable bow in the FA Cup third round win over Everton at Anfield and even managed to score the late winner A sledgehammer to crack a nut was the expression that came to mind as Liverpool’s new £75m defender made his debut against a side with only one goal...
- Fri Jan 5 9:55 PM
The first instalment has been repaid. Virgil van Dijk announced his arrival as Liverpool’s record signing and the world’s most expensive defender with an 85th-minute winner to knock Everton out of the FA Cup, the first time the visitors have suffered that fate in their history. There was no bette...
- Fri Jan 5 7:14 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford Look in on the Liverpool v Everton with our live report here FA Cup third round: match previews Email email@example.com . Tweet @BryanAGraham 7.14pm GMT Manchester United: Romero, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Shaw, Ander Herrer...
- Fri Jan 5 6:51 PM
Minute-by-minute updates from the third-round FA Cup tie at Anfield FA Cup third round: 10 things to look out for this weekend Email Barry here . Tweet @bglendenning 6.51pm GMT 6.48pm GMT We’ve heard that Virgil van Dijk will make his debut for Liverpool following his £75m transfer from Southampt...
- Fri Jan 5 3:42 PM
• Ross Barkley
is out of contract with Everton at end of season • Chelsea manager says midfielder will need patience after injury Ross Barkley
has been described by Antonio Conte as “a good prospect for Chelsea” as a £15m deal to sign the Everton midfielder nears completion. Chelsea renewed their...
- Fri Jan 5 1:32 PM
Who lived the life? Who ruled Liverpool? And who rued a missed opportunity? • The big sports quiz of the year 2017 Everton face Liverpool in the third round of the FA Cup. They have met twice in the final of the competition. Which player scored twice in both of those finals? Michael Owen Stuart M...
- Thu Jan 4 10:30 PM
• Manager looks to arrest slump after two consecutive defeats • ‘The players have to deal with possession to create chances’ Sam Allardyce has said he will field Everton’s strongest side at Liverpool on Friday night despite not knowing what his best team is after nine games in charge. The Everton...
- Thu Jan 4 4:55 PM
• Liverpool manager say he has nothing to say about Barcelona interest • Virgil van Dijk may make Liverpool debut in Fa Cup tie against Everton Jürgen Klopp has again refused to be drawn on Philippe Coutinho’s future but said he expected the Brazilian to return for Liverpool’s next Premier League...
- Thu Jan 4 2:35 PM
The former Everton captain Kevin Ratcliffe reminisces about past FA Cup ties between his club and Liverpool as the teams prepare to face each other in the third round at Anfield on Friday My first experience of a Merseyside derby was also my first win over Liverpool – the FA Cup fourth round tie...
- Thu Jan 4 10:26 AM
• Clubs finally agree £27m fee after weeks of negotiations • The transfer will be wrapped up by the weekend, says Fikret Orman The Besiktas president has said that the striker Cenk Tosun will join Everton and that the transfer will be completed by the weekend. The negotiations between the two clu...
- Wed Jan 3 1:04 PM
• Brazilian, who wants to join Barcelona, to sit out third-round match • Liverpool are holding out for £130m for the playmaker Philippe Coutinho will miss Friday’s FA Cup third round derby against Everton as he continues to receive treatment on a thigh injury. Liverpool’s influential playmaker, w...
- Tue Jan 2 10:29 PM
• Goodison officials to meet Turkish club’s president Fikret Orman in London • Sam Allardyce is desperate to improve Everton’s attacking options Everton will attempt to complete the signing of the Besiktas striker Cenk Tosun on Wednesday at a meeting with the Turkish club’s president, Fikret Orma...
- Tue Jan 2 10:04 AM
Without the injured striker the French midfielder stylishly took on the burden of being Manchester United’s main threat against Everton Both these sides have lost their way a little over the festive period, though not to the extent suggested midway through the first half when Wayne Rooney looked...
- Mon Jan 1 8:44 PM
• Manchester United manager riled by criticism of Frenchman at Southampton • ‘Scholes will be in history as a phenomenal player, not as a pundit’ José Mourinho vented his anger on Paul Scholes
in the wake of Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Everton, accusing the club’s former midfielder of being je...
- Mon Jan 1 7:42 PM
José Mourinho ended 2017 with a winless streak and a litany of complaints but he could have few problems with the start to 2018. Manchester United welcomed in the new year with a commanding second-half display at Everton and a comfortable victory that should do wonders for their manager’s mood. S...
- Mon Jan 1 4:30 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off at Goodison January transfer window: check out our club-by-club guide And feel free to email Gregg or tweet @GreggBakowski 8.00pm GMT Evening. It’s hard to imagine this ending with the same 4-0 scoreline as the match at Old Trafford in September...
- Sun Dec 31 8:30 PM
Our weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Dec 31 2:03 PM
• Club say Bramley Moore dock plan will cost ‘significantly more’ than £300m • ‘Ambitious capacity’ set to be a big increase on Goodison Park’s 39, 572 Everton have confirmed the costs of their proposed new stadium at Bramley Moore dock have “escalated significantly” and they now intend to move f...