- Tue Dec 5 10:47 PM
• New manager expected to stay in Liverpool to work with first-team squad • Makeshift side to be fielded against Apollon Limassol in Cyprus The new Everton manager, Sam Allardyce, may miss the club’s Europa League dead-rubber against Apollon Limassol to prepare for Sunday’s Merseyside derby at An...
- Mon Dec 4 8:41 PM
• Merseyside rivals meet at Anfield, Brighton to host Crystal Palace • Nottingham Forest host Arsenal, Hereford could face Leicester Liverpool and Everton will face each other in the FA Cup next month after the third-round draw was given a derby flavour. The all-Merseyside fixture will see the ne...
- Mon Dec 4 9:02 AM
Today’s tell-all didn’t get where it is today without having a little champagne, not too much, just enough Everton ’s failure to adequately replace Romelu Lukaku in the summer transfer window has been cited as one of several reasons for their sluggish start to the season. The Toffees have drawn s...
- Mon Dec 4 8:15 AM
Manchester City chasing record number of records, Hazard challenged to get better still, Puel proves his worth again and Pochettino unfazed by wobble • Sign up now and get our weekly email, The Recap, every Friday Related: Pep Guardiola happy as Man City repeat ‘Fergie time’ trick against West Ha...
- Sun Dec 3 10:30 PM
• Manager admits Icelander’s protracted record move was never straightforward • ‘You need a greater mentality because the demand is higher for Everton’ Sam Allardyce believes Gylfi Sigurdsson
has struggled to cope with the pressure of playing for Everton and the manager plans to bring in a sports...
- Sun Dec 3 7:29 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Dec 2 7:15 PM
• Win for ‘Big Sam’ as he becomes first to manage seven Premier clubs • Pardew buoyed by display as West Brom are held in his first game Sam Allardyce savoured an ideal start to his new job as he made an instant impact as Everton manager with a 2-0 home win against Huddersfield while Alan Pardew,...
- Sat Dec 2 5:19 PM
This was why Everton hired Sam Allardyce. He offers a reassuring reliability to the imperilled. The risk of relegation at Goodison Park was reduced at a stroke. As Allardyce became the first man to manage seven Premier League clubs, it was a snapshot of why the previous six had deemed him eminent...
- Sat Dec 2 9:00 AM
Goals have been fairly scarce for both these sides so far, although Southampton did help themselves to four against Everton last weekend. Eddie Howe will be hoping Josh King – who currently has more goals for Norway (three) than Premier League goals (two) this season – finds form as he did in 201...
- Fri Dec 1 10:30 PM
• It would be nice to get away from that firefighting label, Allardyce says • Craig Shakespeare likely to join him and Sammy Lee for Huddersfield game Sam Allardyce may have been Everton’s second choice to replace Ronald Koeman – the club was prepared to pay Watford hefty compensation for Marco S...
- Fri Dec 1 5:54 PM
Sam Allardyce is still counting his lucky stars that he gets to take over a team with more points, 15, than games played, 14, and after watching the midweek win which made it so, is happy to have Oumar Niasse, Michael Keane and a full bench available to help offset fatigue. David Wagner says faci...
- Fri Dec 1 10:00 AM
Everton’s problems include the defence, having too many No10s and needing to find a goalscorer, so there is plenty of work to be done “We have been conceding goals for fun, ” was David Unsworth’s assessment of his six weeks in charge and Sam Allardyce, based on his work at ailing clubs, should at...
- Fri Dec 1 7:59 AM
Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew get started at new clubs, Tottenham go to Watford needing an upturn in form and will Nathan Redmond
respond to Guardiola’s pep talk? Olivier Giroud has had to be patient this season. Although he has been a regular starter in the Europa League, the man who was once Ar...
- Thu Nov 30 6:16 PM
The appointments of Allardyce, Pardew, Moyes et al have caught flak but foreign managers from Pep Guardiola to Marco Silva are shining and likewise Englishmen such as Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe It is a little more than a month since Sam Allardyce appeared alongside Richard Keys and Andy Gray in th...
- Thu Nov 30 5:55 PM
• New manager succeeds Koeman who was sacked five weeks ago • Allardyce watched Everton’s defeat of West Ham at Goodison Park Sam Allardyce has been appointed the new Everton manager just a day after watching from the stands as the team cruised to a 4-0 victory against West Ham United at Goodison...
- Thu Nov 30 12:53 PM
The Everton forward has joined an exclusive club of players to have scored from inside his own half. But where does it rank compared to David Beckham, Charlie Adam and the rest? David Beckham, Paul Robinson, Tim Howard, Charlie Adam, Maynor Figueroa and Wayne Rooney
(x2) – the list of players to...
- Wed Nov 29 11:51 PM
• Captain says superb goal from beyond halfway line ‘might be my best ever’ • Victory moves side up to 13th place as David Unsworth departs on high note Sam Allardyce was a privileged spectator at Goodison as Wayne Rooney
rolled back the years with a wonderful hat trick. The Everton captain welco...
- Wed Nov 29 10:00 PM
Just when it was least expected but sorely needed, Wayne Rooney
popped up with his first ever hat-trick for Everton, proving that timing, like class, is probably permanent. The 32-year-old even managed to score the third of his goals from his own half with one of the cleanest first-time strikes y...
- Wed Nov 29 7:16 PM
Live updates from the 8pm GMT kick-off Clockwatch: Paul Doyle covers the other five big games Relive Everton’s nine league triumphs in The Title Email email@example.com with your thoughts 7.16pm GMT Everton make five changes to the starting XI ripped apart at St Mary’s on Sunday aftern...
- Wed Nov 29 6:47 PM
Live Premier League updates from around the grounds Email Paul here or tweet him here , if you fancy Everton v West Ham – live MBM coverage with Scott Murray How they stand: the latest Premier League table 6.46pm GMT Hello and welcome . Today’s Premier League fixtures contain some intriguing duel...
- Wed Nov 29 2:05 PM
• Allardyce returns six months after he quit Crystal Palace • Former England manager has never been relegated from Premier League Sam Allardyce has agreed to become Everton’s manager, six months after he stepped down at Crystal Palace saying he had “no ambitions to take another job”. Allardyce wi...
- Wed Nov 29 8:15 AM
The former Everton manager is keen to re-employ the methods which worked well for him through much of his 11-year spell in charge at Goodison Park David Moyes was hoping not to talk about Everton but the subject was difficult to avoid before his latest return to Goodison Park. “I’ll tell you this...