- Sat Nov 4 10:30 PM
• Caretaker manager goes into Watford game saying ‘my hurt is with our fans’ • Unsworth says struggling Everton just need a win to restore confidence David Unsworth has said he is hurting because of Everton’s desperate results and not the personal insults that have been thrown his way since becom...
- Sat Nov 4 9:00 AM
Everton are in free-fall before what could be David Unsworth’s final game as caretaker manager. Ten defeats in 14 matches embarrass an expensive squad and those who assembled it, and fear will deepen around Goodison Park should Marco Silva’s Watford inflict an 11th. Unsworth has suffered three de...
- Fri Nov 3 11:43 AM
Everton’s uneven squad was exposed again at Lyon, despite signs of youthful promise, but with new stadium commitments looming large the club cannot afford to remain in relegation trouble L’Équipe’s headline on matchday morning read “Un air de KO” and that’s what came to pass for Everton on a nigh...
- Thu Nov 2 8:19 PM
Everton crashed out of the Europa League with two Group E games left to play as they were beaten 3-0 at Lyon. The former Chelsea forward Bertrand Traoré, who had netted the winner in Lyon’s 2-1 victory at Goodison Park a fortnight ago, opened the scoring midway through the second half, before sub...
- Thu Nov 2 5:39 PM
Europa League updates from the 6pm GMT kick-off in France Live scoreboard: all the latest from Thursday’s matches And feel free to email Tom or tweet him @tomdaviesE17 5.39pm GMT Some pre-match chat with Unsworth, who has changes and the non-fielding of an out and out striker to explain: he’s mad...
- Thu Nov 2 9:27 AM
Today’s fluff is fragile Towards the end of Tottenham’s victory over Real Madrid on Wednesday night, the camera picked out a weeping fan in the away end. This supporter cannot have been upset about her team losing a game because that would be ridiculous. It’s not like she supports Sunderland. May...
- Wed Nov 1 12:27 PM
• Nuno inclined to stay at Wolves, who are top of the Championship • Everton intend to appoint next manager during international break Nuno Espírito Santo is considering an offer to take over at Everton, following the sacking of Ronald Koeman , but is inclined to stay at Wolves. Nuno was approach...
- Wed Nov 1 8:47 AM
Today’s fluff has seen it all before Following the dismissal of a haggard Simon Grayson within 15 minutes of Sunderland’s draw with Bolton Wanderers at the Stadium of Light last night, two questions quickly emerged: who will replace him and will anyone in their right mind want to do so? Appointed...
- Wed Nov 1 8:36 AM
The Manchester United manager, José Mourinho, says he was just doing his job by instructing Daley Blind to take a penalty in the win over Benfica on Tuesday. Romelu Lukaku
was quick to grab the ball when United were awarded the spot-kick in the 78th minute but Mourinho signalled he wanted someone...
- Tue Oct 31 3:50 PM
• ‘I hope you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Spurs’ • United manager said unfair that supporters ‘don’t support Lukaku so much’ Apparent tension between José Mourinho and sections of Manchester United supporters continued on Tuesday as he implied some of them did not enjoy Satur...
- Mon Oct 30 3:13 PM
• United manager urges fans not to judge striker on goals alone • Mourinho says he will protect his players when they deserve it José Mourinho has described Romelu Lukaku
as “untouchable in my team”, with the Manchester United manager saying he has to protect his players when they deserve it. Aft...
- Mon Oct 30 8:24 AM
Arsenal need Sead Kolasinac to recover quickly; Liverpool’s search for a penalty-taker goes on; and Newcastle prepare for a ‘sliding doors’ moment Next Sunday, Manchester City host Arsenal at 1.30pm and Manchester United play Chelsea at 4pm; it really is amazing just how often the fixture list th...
- Sun Oct 29 9:45 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Oct 29 8:29 PM
The sight of the away end emptying long before the final whistle was blown in the 2-0 defeat at Leicester City told its own story David Unsworth spent the majority of this match standing on the edge of his technical area. Occasionally he instructed his players to do something, while there were ot...
- Sun Oct 29 6:14 PM
The Claude Puel era is up and running at Leicester City and any dissenting voices about the Frenchman’s appointment will soon be silenced if this proves to be a sign of things to come. Inspired by the outstanding Demarai Gray, Leicester attacked with pace and penetration, with the wonderful break...
- Sun Oct 29 3:00 PM
Latest updates from the 3pm kickoff at the King Power Stadium Puel insists priority is winning – not playing style Email firstname.lastname@example.org | Tweet: @Simon_Burnton 12.17pm GMT Simon! Continue reading
- Sun Oct 29 12:00 PM
• United manager accuses fans of not giving Lukaku enough support • Mourinho has also criticised them for booing substitution against Tottenham José Mourinho has surprisingly opened a second front of criticism of Manchester United fans by claiming they did not offer Romelu Lukaku
enough support d...