- Mon Oct 2 7:23 PM
After receiving a vote of confidence, the Dutchman must use the international break to turn round a disjointed side which veers between defeated and dull From the biggest investment in Everton’s history to a vote of confidence in the manager by 2 October . This season was always liable to test Ro...
- Mon Oct 2 11:41 AM
• Dutchman handed vote of confidence after Sunday’s home defeat to Burnley • Majority shareholder Moshiri: We have great fans and they deserve better Everton’s majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has offered his “total support” to manager Ronald Koeman and insisted they will recover from a slow s...
- Mon Oct 2 8:47 AM
Today’s fluff is dusty Perhaps because he’s a thrill-seeker who gets a buzz out of flirting with the sack, Ronald Koeman will turn to Andy Carroll
to transform Everton from a sorry stodgy mess into a high-energy total-footballing pressing machine. Because if one man personifies the words high-ene...
- Mon Oct 2 8:33 AM
Everton’s defence has gone walkabout, Swansea and Southampton are serving up stodgy fare and Antonio Conte may rue being in a tougher league than Serie A Chris Hughton, the Brighton & Hove Albion manager, said it all when he highlighted how his team had not been “out of sight” against Arsenal, ju...
- Sun Oct 1 10:29 PM
• ‘We never miss the players who are injured; it’s a moment for others to step in’ • Juan Mata
lauds side’s greater efficiency and Romelu Lukaku
’s contribution José Mourinho said he has complete trust in all of his Manchester United players after his side crushed Crystal Palace 4-0 for a fifth co...
- Sun Oct 1 7:03 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sun Oct 1 6:09 PM
• Dutchman says players are working hard and results will come • Wayne Rooney
‘accepted’ being demoted to substitutes’ bench Ronald Koeman claimed his future as Everton manager should not be questioned despite his expensively-assembled side suffering a fifth defeat in eight matches with the 1-0 h...
- Sun Oct 1 4:29 PM
Ronald Koeman said it would take four consecutive home wins for him to enter the international break with a smile. He goes into it with a grimace , under pressure and no closer to a solution for Everton’s regression after a summer investment of almost £140m. Burnley, for a fraction of the cost, m...
- Sun Oct 1 1:25 PM
Latest updates from the 2.15pm game at Goodison Park Koeman can only wish Everton were in as good a shape as Burnley Email Jacob | or tweet @JacobSteinberg 1.25pm BST Everton: Pickford; Martina, Keane, Williams, Baines; Vlasic, Schneiderlin, Gueye Sigurdsson; Calvert-Lewin, Niasse. Subs: Stekelen...
- Sat Sep 30 10:29 PM
Everton spent £130m in the summer but recent results have been poor and the pressure is on the manager and team to perform against the Turf Moor side Ronald Koeman told reporters in midweek that he was not prioritising either of his club’s forthcoming fixtures in the Europa League and the Premier...
- Sat Sep 30 9:00 AM
The home draw with Apollon Limassol drew the same criticisms for Ronald Koeman that have been around all season and which last Saturday were masked by Oumar Niasse’s late goals against Bournemouth. Thus, for most, the pacy Ademola Lookman and Kevin Mirrallas cannot start soon enough. The defence...
- Thu Sep 28 11:17 PM
• Apollon Limassol score late equaliser after going down to 10 men • Graham Potter’s Ostersund stun Hertha Berlin in Sweden Ronald Koeman delivered a scathing assessment of Everton’s Europa League draw against Apollon Limassol as he accused his team of being scared to play football and being “in...
- Thu Sep 28 10:09 PM
• Everton 2-2 Apollon Limassol • Rooney 21, Vlasic 66; Sardinero 12, Yuste 88 Everton navigated an arduous route into the Europa League group stage but are heading towards a damaging early exit. An 88th minute header from Héctor Yuste gave 10-man Apollon Limassol a merited draw at Goodison Park a...
- Thu Sep 28 7:20 PM
Europa League group updates from the 8.05pm BST kick-off Live scoreboard: all Thursday’s latest scores and results And feel free to email Jacob or tweet him here , if you fancy 7.20pm BST Everton make three changes to the team that beat Bournemouth on the weekend. Jonjoe Kenny replaces Cuco Marti...
- Wed Sep 27 9:48 PM
Manchester United have maximum points from their two Champions League outings and return home from Moscow in buoyant mood. From first to last whistle they coasted to a win that means José Mourinho’s side have now scored 28 goals in nine outings this season. They owed this victory to the superb An...
- Wed Sep 27 5:25 PM
• Midfielder has yet to play for Everton this season due to knee injury • Koeman warns McCarthy ‘not to take risks when it is not necessary’ Ronald Koeman is keeping an eye on James McCarthy
’s call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad and has reminded his injured midfielder – yet to appear for his...
- Tue Sep 26 1:20 PM
has come under fire for giving financial backing to the club’s new stadium but as a man described as a ‘divisive figure’ explains in an exclusive book extract, the decision was made for right and proper reasons On the wall of Joe Anderson
’s resplendent waterfront office is a copy of...
- Tue Sep 26 11:14 AM
Our resident cartoonist ties takes a look at that chant , the FA, the EFL and something looming that we can all take cheer from View all of David Squires’ cartoons in his archive here And David’s only got another book out soon. More details here Continue reading
- Tue Sep 26 9:05 AM
Today’s fluff is drawing rings around the world At some point on Tuesday, a selection plate of M&S sarnies, a couple of jugs of tap water and a sense of weary resignation will be delivered to a conference room somewhere in Goodison Park for the second day in a row . Following them will be Ronald...