- Tue Dec 19 10:30 PM
• Everton manager wants to use 32-year-old’s guile and experience • ‘He’s not a frontline player now. We both accept that’ Sam Allardyce is convinced Wayne Rooney
’s future lies in a deeper role but the Everton manager believes England’s record goalscorer can prolong his career after helping his b...
- Mon Dec 18 11:58 PM
• Manager admits side self-destructed as relegation fears deepen • ‘I’m learning a lot about myself and will keep fighting’ Paul Clement vowed to continue fighting for his job as Swansea City manager after a 3-1 defeat at Everton left his team rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. Swansea t...
- Mon Dec 18 9:59 PM
Defeat came with an added sting for Swansea City as their hopes of climbing off the foot of the Premier League floundered at Everton. Gylfi Sigurdsson
, the man prised from south Wales in the summer for £45m, struck a sublime goal to extend Sam Allardyce’s unbeaten run as Everton manager while the...
- Mon Dec 18 7:36 PM
Premier League updates from the 8pm GMT kick-off at Goodison Everton ‘crying out’ for Bolasie’s return, says Allardyce And feel free to email Simon or tweet @Simon_Burnton 7.26pm GMT So Everton are unchanged, with Williams and Sigurdsson starting against their former club. Swansea make three chan...
- Sun Dec 17 10:30 PM
• Winger Bolasie has been out for a year with ruptured knee ligament • Everton play Swansea but Bolasie will be on the bench at best Sam Allardyce believes Everton have been “crying out” for a player with Yannick Bolasie’s attributes, as the winger edges towards his Premier League comeback. The C...
- Sat Dec 16 10:30 PM
After sparkling against Spartak, Anfield’s finest struggled against mediocre Everton and West Brom, but at least they can count on Mohamed Salah Liverpool are starting to do the mid-season disappointment thing all over again. They hit a fantastic high with seven goals against Spartak Moscow , onl...
- Sat Dec 16 9:00 AM
For Jürgen Klopp, a trip to Bournemouth is a headache his Liverpool side could probably do without. After stuttering to draws at home to Everton and then West Bromwich Albion, they now face Eddie Howe’s side, who on home turf have a habit of giving the bigger sides a fright – if not worse – as in...
- Sat Dec 16 9:00 AM
Five games without defeat have elevated Everton’s position and mood under Sam Allardyce and with Yannick Bolasie available for the first time in 12 months, the new manager’s options are improving too. How Paul Clement could do with a similar turnaround. Swansea remain bottom of the table followin...
- Fri Dec 15 1:39 PM
• Winger ruptured cruciate ligament against Manchester United last December • Bolasie could play on Monday if he comes through second under-23s match Yannick Bolasie could make his first Premier League appearance in 12 months on Monday as the Everton winger steps up his recovery from a serious kn...
- Fri Dec 15 12:01 AM
Will there be goals galore again at the Etihad, could West Ham finish off Hughes and is Jack Wilshere
the man to bring some beauty back into Arsenal’s play? Since 2010-11, when the two games between these sides featured one goal between them, this has not been a fixture for goalkeepers. In 12 mee...
- Thu Dec 14 10:47 PM
• New manager yet to discuss contract situation with Barkley • Calvert-Lewin, Holgate and Kenny sign new long-term deals Sam Allardyce has said he will be powerless to prevent Ross Barkley
leaving Everton next month should the club’s board decide to cash in on the midfielder. Barkley, yet to feat...
- Thu Dec 14 10:38 PM
• ‘Reality is we’re not in a great position and sometimes things need to be said’ • Captain says side, who lost to Everton, are not distracted by takeover talk Jamaal Lascelles has revealed that harsh words were exchanged in Newcastle United’s dressing room after Rafael Benítez’s side endured the...
- Wed Dec 13 9:53 PM
By the time the evening temperature plunged and icy Tyneside pavements started turning treacherous, Newcastle United had already lost their footing. Undone by Wayne Rooney
’s first-half goal, Rafael Benitez’s unsteady side were heading for a seventh defeat in eight games. Benitez will not have rel...