- Sat Feb 24 7:32 PM
From Watford’s point of view, Troy Deeney’s first Premier League goal from open play since April was sweet in more ways than one. Firstly there was the finish – clean, crisp, clinical, and then there was the opponent – Everton, the side who those in charge here blame for destabilising Marco Silva...
- Sat Feb 24 4:34 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off Live scores – all the latest from Saturday’s matches Email Gregg or tweet @GreggBakowski 4.31pm GMT Watford: Karnezis, Janmaat, Prodl, Mariappa, Holebas, Pereyra, Doucoure, Capoue, Deulofeu, Deeney, Richarlison. Subs: Gomes, Britos, Gray, Femeni...
- Fri Feb 23 10:30 PM
• Manager wants time to build team to play at Bramley-Moore • ‘Coming out of retirement was to do bigger things in the future’ Sam Allardyce has claimed he did not come out of retirement for another short-term rescue mission with Everton but to build a team worthy of the club’s proposed new stadi...
- Wed Feb 21 6:41 PM
• It is not sufficient to raise a charge, says governing body • FA says Holgate made allegation in ‘absolute good faith’ The FA has cleared Roberto Firmino after an investigation into an allegation of discriminatory conduct against the Liverpool forward by Everton’s Mason Holgate. The governing b...
- Mon Feb 12 7:56 AM
Roberto Firmino is underrated no longer, Jonjo Shelvey
’s calmness is key and Alexandre Lacazette is lacking confidence The Recap: sign up for the best of our sport coverage Let’s call it the Denis Irwin rule, the dictum that when a player is described as underrated so often then it’s probably no...
- Sun Feb 11 10:08 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography Continue reading
- Sat Feb 10 5:20 PM
A vital victory for Sam Allardyce could not mask the anger that has fermented at Goodison Park over Everton’s miserable season. Everton were three goals up and cruising towards a second consecutive home win when Morgan Schneiderlin trotted on to the pitch as an 80th minute substitute for Idrissa...
- Fri Feb 9 10:30 PM
• Steve Walsh’s position as director of football under threat • New recruits ‘not gelling like they should’, says Allardyce Sam Allardyce has said he is worried about Everton’s mental strength as scrutiny increases on Steve Walsh’s performance as the director of football. Walsh is under growing p...
- Fri Feb 9 12:30 PM
Apologies are required all round from Everton as they attempt to put breathing space between themselves and Roy Hodgson’s injury-hit team. Sam Allardyce owes one to Hodgson having not contacted his England predecessor personally in the 17 months since being caught mocking his speech. Everton’s pl...
- Thu Feb 8 10:30 PM
• Pair finally come face to face at Goodison Park tomorrow • Everton manager claims he tried to call but did not get through Roy Hodgson has admitted his relationship with Sam Allardyce has been wrecked after his successor as England manager was filmed mocking him, making remarks he found insulti...
- Thu Feb 8 10:29 PM
• ‘The only way I stop is health reasons or if I don’t keep my job’ • Manager aims to move on from Arsenal loss and prepare for Palace Sam Allardyce has said he needs the aggravation of trying to repair Everton although the thought of retirement crossed his mind after the humbling at Arsenal last...
- Thu Feb 8 3:41 PM
The England team could only benefit if more of the squad had sampled a different environment while embracing a new language and culture – as under-21 winger is doing at RB Leipzig With all of the transfer talk predictably revolving around the big-money moves to Champions League-level clubs by pla...
- Mon Feb 5 8:27 PM
• Dutch legend was sacked by Everton in October • Koeman won 78 caps for his country and won Euro ‘88 The former Everton manager Ronald Koeman is set to be named as the new Netherlands national team coach, according to reports in his homeland. Dutch media have suggested the appointment of the for...
- Mon Feb 5 11:05 AM
Ralph Hasenhüttl has belief in the match-winning debutant who ‘only brought one pair of boots with him from England’ It could have been all so different for Diego Forlán. So he thought, at least. Some years back he famously told an interviewer the tale of his last match for Manchester United, aga...
- Mon Feb 5 8:41 AM
Sam Allardyce looks to next season, Swansea find belief under Carlos Carvalhal and Liverpool’s defence worthy of praise Get The Recap, the best of the Guardian’s sport coverage Liverpool’s oft-maligned defence deserved a little credit here. For almost the entire game they kept Spurs at bay, with...
- Sun Feb 4 10:05 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow us on Instagram for more great sports photography Continue reading
- Sat Feb 3 7:40 PM
Well, that didn’t take long. Arsène Wenger has had one of his more frantic January transfer windows, the doors of the Emirates revolving like the barrels on a Las Vegas slot machine. Against Everton the fruits of Wenger’s toils clicked beautifully into place, as Henrikh Mkhitaryan produced a wond...
- Sat Feb 3 4:41 PM
Premier League updates from 5.30pm GMT kick-off Scoreboard: all Saturday’s results and latest scores And email Scott here with your thoughts 4.41pm GMT Scrub that about Aubameyang’s fever! Arsenal’s new superstar striker hauls himself off his sickbed to make his debut this evening! He takes the p...
- Fri Feb 2 12:00 PM
• Midfielder’s loan move to Napoli collapsed over image rights • ‘Even if I was losing money I’d be going because I’d want to play’ Sam Allardyce has said Davy Klaassen should have prioritised football over money when given the chance to kickstart his career at Napoli this week. The Everton manag...
- Fri Feb 2 10:51 AM
• Striker signed for £56m may miss Saturday’s game against Everton • Arsenal manager regrets not getting a defender in January window Arsène Wenger has revealed that Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang may not be fit to make his Arsenal debut against Everton on Saturday as he struggles with a sickness bug....
- Thu Feb 1 2:01 PM
The January transfer window has been a bonanza for agents but clubs and governing bodies are preparing to put a stop to it The January transfer window closed with a blizzard of late moves, delivering £50m as the new normal fee for players – £142m for one of the best, Philippe Coutinho – and undis...
- Thu Feb 1 12:28 PM
A hectic January transfer window closed on Wednesday night – our writers look at all the 20 Premier League clubs and how their business unfolded A hectic transfer window closed on Wednesday night – amid seven Premier League games – with several clubs able to conclude deals on deadline day. Premie...
- Wed Jan 31 9:45 PM
Leicester City stood firm in the face of Manchester City’s late pursuit of Riyad Mahrez but this was a deadline day to forget for Claude Puel and his team. Theo Walcott
struck the first goals of his Everton career to condemn the visitors to a deserved defeat under the blue moon at Goodison Park....
- Wed Jan 31 6:54 PM
Premier League updates from around the grounds Transfer deadline day, all of the latest news – live! And feel free to mail Barry or tweet @bglendenning 6.54pm GMT Newcastle: Darlow, Yedlin, Lascelles, Clark, Dummett, Atsu, Diame, Merino, Kenedy, Perez, Joselu. Subs: Murphy, Shelvey, Gayle, Ritchi...
- Wed Jan 31 12:29 AM
• Manchester City buy Jack Harrison for £4m and loan him to Boro • Iñigo Martínez joins Athletic Bilbao, Marc Bartra seals Betis switch Everton’s striker Sandro
Ramírez has returned to Spain only six months into his Premier League career after joining Sevilla on loan until the end of the season....
- Sun Jan 28 3:11 PM
• Chelsea remain unbeaten in the Women’s Super League this season • England manager Phil Neville attends Liverpool and Reading games Chelsea retained their unbeaten start to the Women’s Super League season by dispatching Everton thanks to Jonna Andersson’s late goal at Kingsmeadow, after Courtney...
- Tue Jan 23 2:32 PM
• Walcott arrival at Everton pushed winger down pecking order • ‘I think I’ve still got a lot to offer, ’ says former England international Winger Aaron Lennon
believes he still has plenty to offer after joining Burnley from Everton for a nominal fee, with six months left on his contract. Lennon...
- Mon Jan 22 7:50 AM
is weighing in with some key contributions, Christian Benteke
is not and Tottenham are showing how much weaker they are without Christian Eriksen Sergio Agüero has had a curiosity of a campaign. He has been injured, benched and below par at times. He has been outscored by Raheem Ste...
- Sun Jan 21 10:30 PM
• Everton manager says pair are too slow to accommodate both • ‘They are very talented but covering ground is not their strength’ Sam Allardyce has admitted that Wayne Rooney
and Gylfi Sigurdsson
cannot both be accommodated in his Everton team because of their lack of pace, raising the prospect t...
- Sun Jan 21 7:28 PM
Watford have sacked Marco Silva after eight months in charge, citing an 'unwarranted approach' from Everton as the reason for their dramatic drop in form. Watford have just one win in their last 11 Premier League games, and Silva was dismissed the morning after a 2-0 loss to Leicester. Former Rub...