- Wed Jan 24 10:00 PM
It is only January and these two London rivals have now met five times this seaon. Given it had been impossible to separate them after 90 minutes in the previous four matches, it was always likely to take something special or freakish to do so on this occasion. In the end it was something freakis...
- Wed Jan 24 7:05 PM
Live updates from the 8pm GMT kick-off Email Scott with your thoughts , if you fancy Sánchez wages out of our league, says Conte 7.05pm GMT Arsenal: Ospina, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mustafi, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Wilshere, Iwobi, Ozil, Lacazette. Subs: Macey, Chambers, Kolasinac, Maitland-Niles, Ra...
- Wed Jan 24 5:39 PM
• Chelsea still need to convince Dzeko to return to Stamford Bridge • 31-year-old Bosnian to be offered a contract until at least 2020 Chelsea have had a £44m bid plus add-ons (£13.2m) for Edin Dzeko
and Emerson Palmieri accepted and hope to bring the two players to Stamford Bridge before the tra...
- Tue Jan 23 10:30 PM
• Chelsea cannot match financial might of Manchester’s Big Two • Conte: ‘We’ll have to make a success not with money but with work’ Chelsea and Arsenal will go head to head on Wednesday for a place in the Carabao Cup final with Antonio Conte admitting neither team can compete financially with the...
- Mon Jan 22 8:55 PM
• More former youth-team players claim they were racially abused • Graham Rix and Gwyn Williams deny the allegations against them Another four former Chelsea academy players are set to take legal action against the club over racist abuse they allege they were subjected to by the coaches Graham Ri...
- Mon Jan 22 7:50 AM
is weighing in with some key contributions, Christian Benteke
is not and Tottenham are showing how much weaker they are without Christian Eriksen Sergio Agüero has had a curiosity of a campaign. He has been injured, benched and below par at times. He has been outscored by Raheem Ste...
- Sun Jan 21 12:18 PM
Champions’ hunt for old-school reinforcements may not bring the desired returns if they start to rely on desperate crosses into the penalty area again How times change. At the dawn of the Premier League the news that Chelsea wanted a rugged English striker to hurl himself at crosses, preferably a...
- Sun Jan 21 10:00 AM
Talks between the two clubs to resume on Monday Both players keen for a move to England Chelsea will step up their pursuit of the Roma pair Edin Dzeko
and Emerson Palmieri on Monday in the hope of persuading the Serie A club to sell the two players for a combined €50m (£44m). Roma are holding out...
- Sat Jan 20 2:34 PM
There were times when the champions found this anything but a stroll on the south coast. Yet, in the end, their first league win of the year seemed restorative and will be remembered most for the exquisitely incisive rat-a-tat of passes which earned Chelsea their breathing space. There was someth...
- Sat Jan 20 1:40 PM
Premier League, Football League and much more Brighton & Hove Albion v Chelsea – live! Mourinho’s authority brings success and instability And feel free to email or tweet Ben to to get in touch 1.40pm GMT Marseille, momentarily at least, closed the gap on the Ligue 1 leaders last night with a 2-0...
- Sat Jan 20 11:49 AM
Premier League updates from the 12.30pm GMT kick-off Barney Ronay on Chelsea’s hunt for a medieval big man And feel free to mail email@example.com 11.49am GMT Brighton weren’t able to register their new signing Jürgen Locadia in time for this match. Nevertheless, they still make five c...
- Fri Jan 19 10:30 PM
• ‘We must accept Pedro dived, ’ says Chelsea manager • Michy Batshuayi replaces suspended Álvaro Morata at Brighton Antonio Conte has admitted Pedro Rodríguez was guilty of diving in the chaotic FA Cup replay against Norwich City and has urged the Spain forward to learn from the mistake and avoi...
- Fri Jan 19 6:00 PM
Seeing Andy Carroll
or Peter Crouch
at Chelsea is too good to hope for as it could confirm suspicions about the basic numbers of effectiveness and opportunity in elite teams It is nearly 40 years since a famous photo emerged that left the nascent Indian space programme an object of widespread moc...
- Fri Jan 19 2:46 PM
Brighton are the only team yet to take a point from a top-six side this season but this seems a good opportunity against a similarly shot-shy Chelsea who were forced into a long night’s work by Norwich on Wednesday. At some point a landmark result may be needed for a team that has won just once i...
- Fri Jan 19 10:28 AM
Today’s fluff is rubbing its eyes Having been mentioned in jest on yesterday’s award-winning Guardian podcast Football Weekly Extra , a move for Peter Crouch
from Stoke City to Chelsea now looks like it might actually happen. The Premier League champions had been linked with Andy Carroll , but th...
- Fri Jan 19 8:30 AM
Arsène Wenger seeks a reaction, Rafa Benítez may change approach against Manchester City and is Glenn Murray what Chelsea need? Two teams struggling to score goals go toe-to-toe when Brighton and Chelsea get the Premier League ball rolling in Saturday’s early kick-off. Brighton have drawn seven b...
- Thu Jan 18 7:26 PM
• Investigation relates to signing of foreign players aged under 18 • Chelsea face possible transfer ban from Fifa disciplinary committee • Club say they comply with Fifa regulations when recruiting players Chelsea have been accused after an initial Fifa investigation of breaking the rules on the...
- Thu Jan 18 6:48 PM
• West Ham man set for extended absence • Striker was due for talks over £20m switch Andy Carroll
’s £20m move to Chelsea is off after an ankle injury has forced the striker on to the sidelines for an extended period. Carroll has been linked with a move to Premier League champions but any January...
- Thu Jan 18 9:21 AM
Today’s fluff is meditated by direction Chelsea want to bolster their midfield with another player who isn’t as bad as Tiémoué Bakayoko, and have clearly learned from the experience of expensively signing a sought-after midfielder from a club on the French Riviera only to be disappointed by his p...
- Thu Jan 18 12:40 AM
• Willian should have been got penalty after Klose challenge, Conte said • Pedro and Álvaro Morata deserved yellow cards for diving, says Italian Dominic Fifield Stamford Bridge Continue reading