- Fri Aug 17 10:30 PM
• Manager intent on holding on to Belgian playmaker • ‘I feared losing him for 20 days, ’ says Italian Maurizio Sarri believes Eden Hazard
has the ability to establish himself as the best player in the world but has admitted he feared losing the Belgium forward in the three weeks after taking cha...
- Fri Aug 17 2:53 PM
Maurizio Sarri and Unai Emery are still feeling their way into a new league. Yet this derby may provide a far better gauge of their capabilities than Chelsea’s walkover at Huddersfield, or Arsenal’s toils against Manchester City. Sarri, who is considering offering Eden Hazard a first start, belie...
- Fri Aug 17 12:45 AM
Chelsea and Arsenal promise goals and flaws, Fulham need to tighten up at Spurs and will sparks fly again when Benítez meets Warnock? With two teams in flux, Chelsea’s derby with Arsenal is a meeting that promises goals. Both sides are vulnerable in defence and dangerous in attack. Although beate...
- Thu Aug 16 6:01 PM
• Unai Emery backs goalkeeper after Manchester City loss • ‘For Saturday, the decision for me is easy’ Unai Emery has confirmed goalkeeper Petr Cech
will keep his place in goal for Arsenal when they head to Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday. The 36-year-old appeared to struggle with Emery...
- Thu Aug 16 9:25 AM
Today’s tell-all didn’t get where it is today learning about the ‘them and us’ situation which bedevils British industry so tragically Having played just a solitary minute for Real Madrid’s first team back in April 2010, Marcos Alonso is being tenuously linked with a return to the club of his you...
- Wed Aug 15 7:00 PM
• Club finally switch focus to replacing Michael Emenalo • Dan Ashworth, Monchi and Michael Ballack among targets Chelsea finally hope to make progress on the appointment of a new technical director to succeed the departed Michael Emenalo once the transfer window closes across Europe at the end o...
- Wed Aug 15 12:30 PM
Jonathan Panzo’s decision to swap Chelsea for Monaco is the latest example of a promising English prospect seeking first-team football abroad rather than at the club that nurtured them Ian Rush blames it all on Kenny Dalglish. “I didn’t actually say Italy was ‘like living in a foreign country’, ”...
- Tue Aug 14 6:26 PM
The old-fashioned assumption that keepers can go on forever appears to be drawing to a close A debate is still raging over whether the spectacular late winner Wayne Rooney created to help DC United beat Orlando City on Sunday was a highlight of the MLS season or a confirmation of limited standard...
- Tue Aug 14 2:56 PM
• France midfielder will spend season at San Siro • Deal could become permanent next summer for around £35m The Chelsea midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko has completed a season-long loan move to Milan. The deal for Bakayoko, who joined Chelsea from Monaco last summer for £39.7m, could be turned into a...
- Tue Aug 14 1:48 PM
Our cartoonist on a Mo Salah superfan, an underwhelmed Maurizio Sarri and Arsenal’s new 15-year-old View all of David’s cartoons here Continue reading
- Mon Aug 13 7:00 PM
• German club want England international to replace Max Meyer • Milan sign Tiémoué Bakayoko on season loan from Chelsea Ruben Loftus-Cheek is set to reject the chance to move to the Bundesliga club Schalke on a season-long loan, with the midfielder determined to force his way into the Chelsea fir...
- Mon Aug 13 4:32 PM
• ‘No chance’ I would have stayed, says Brazil international • Willian confident Chelsea can beat Arsenal Willian insists there is “no chance” he would still be at Chelsea if Antonio Conte had remained in charge. The Brazil international was linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge for much o...
- Mon Aug 13 8:25 AM
Guendouzi is one of Arsenal’s few reasons to be cheerful, Naby Keïta is a thrilling talent no matter whose shirt he’s wearing, and Richarlison already looks worth the money Wherever Arsène Wenger was watching, he would have approved of Mattéo Guendouzi’s presence at the base of Arsenal’s midfield...
- Sun Aug 12 10:30 PM
The Brazilian was sidelined under Antonio Conte but appears reinvigorated after adapting quickly to new methods Of all the people who might have welcomed Antonio Conte’s departure from Chelsea this summer, David Luiz
was probably quite high on the list. Even more so now after Conte’s replacement,...
- Sun Aug 12 9:51 PM
Your weekend round-up of the best photography from England’s top flight • Follow Guardian sport on Instagram for more great photography The Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sat Aug 11 5:14 PM
Chelsea were far from perfect, even shaky at times in the first half, but they improved as the game progressed and deservedly took maximum points from their first league match under Maurizio Sarri thanks to goals by N’golo Kanté, Jorginho and Pedro. The last match between these teams concluded wi...
- Sat Aug 11 2:00 PM
Live updates from the Premier League and beyond You can email John or tweet him here Live scoreboard: all the latest scores and results 1.30pm BST It is back and with a fairy warm sense of vengeance. After Manchester United’s defeat of Leicester gave José Mourinho disappointingly little to compla...
- Sat Aug 11 12:00 PM
Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham, Wolves and West Ham all made eye-catching signings while the World Cup was on If Antonio Conte became used to not getting his way with transfers, the signing of Jorginho felt like the perfect sweetener for his successor. The 26-year-old midfielder was confirmed on the sa...