- Sun Jan 14 10:30 PM
• Striker, 29, would give Chelsea a different option up front • Loan deal possible for injury-plagued former England striker Chelsea’s eagerness to freshen up their forward ranks could prompt a renewed attempt to secure Andy Carroll
from West Ham United before the end of the transfer window. The...
- Sun Jan 14 10:29 PM
• Manager makes reference to his rapprochement with Claudio Ranieri • Manchester United keen on extending David de Gea’s contract José Mourinho has reignited the feud with Antonio Conte by stating he has been “man enough” to say sorry when in the wrong, with the Manchester United manager referenc...
- Sun Jan 14 8:29 AM
The 29-year-old reveals how walking away from Australia and a failing marriage to rugby league star Kevin Locke have been the making of her, as she looks forward to the Commonwealth Games Last summer, Chelsea Pitman posted a message on Instagram announcing some of the life lessons she had learned...
- Sat Jan 13 5:19 PM
Chelsea heaved in search of a winner deep into stoppage time here, the locals howling in exasperation as Kasper Schmeichel turned Marcos Alonso’s stoppage time free-kick round the post, but plucking a victory from this mess of a display would have been an injustice. Too much of this was inadequat...
- Sat Jan 13 2:00 PM
The former Chelsea and England midfielder, 39, talks daughters, mums and the secret to a good relationship I wasn’t born with the talent of Lionel Messi , but I made the most of what I have. I work hard because I am scared of failure. I had it as a footballer at Chelsea and I have it today as a...
- Fri Jan 12 8:07 PM
• Manchester United manager draws line under clash with Chelsea counterpart • Mourinho hopes Ibrahimovic can return to fitness in three weeks after relapse José Mourinho has claimed he now feels “contempt” for Antonio Conte, with Manchester United’s manager intent on finally drawing a line under...
- Fri Jan 12 4:56 PM
It looks like N’Golo Kanté will not be getting a third successive Premier League winner’s medal this May, but the Frenchman remains vital to the reigning champions Chelsea and very much missed by their predecessors, Leicester. Claude Puel has revitalised the Foxes and in particular Jamie Vardy, w...
- Fri Jan 12 3:04 PM
• ‘Everything is possible’ says Conte in regards to speculation over his future • Juventus’s Massimiliano Allegri linked with Chelsea manager’s job Antonio Conte has refused to rule out that he will leave Chelsea in the summer, saying “everything is possible” in response to speculation about his...
- Fri Jan 12 12:58 PM
• Three former Chelsea youth players launch legal claims against the club • Chelsea and Football Association investigating allegations dating from 1990s Three former youth-team footballers at Chelsea have launched legal claims against the club after allegations that black players were subjected t...
- Thu Jan 11 9:46 PM
• Midfielder sprained ankle in Carabao Cup draw with Chelsea • Wilshere could face former club Bournemouth on Sunday Jack Wilshere
expects to make a swift return to the Arsenal team after banishing any concerns over his ankle worry. The midfielder, who was captain for the night, went off in the s...
- Thu Jan 11 11:59 AM
Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger praises the commitment of forward Alexis Sánchez in the wake of continued reports suggesting the Chilean is keen on a move away from the Emirates to Manchester City. Sánchez came on as a substitute in Arsenal's goalless draw with Chelsea in their Carabao Cup semi-fin...
- Thu Jan 11 12:23 AM
• Arsenal manager: ‘Am I confident he will stay in January? Yes’ • Alexis Sánchez held back until 66th minute of Carabao Cup stalemate Arsène Wenger said his decision to omit Alexis Sánchez from Arsenal’s starting lineup at Chelsea in the Carabao Cup semi-final was not related to Manchester City’...
- Wed Jan 10 10:01 PM
The chant from the Arsenal fans was clear and it was directed at the press box. “You don’t know what you’re doing, ” they sang. The target was not hunched over a laptop. This one was for Arsène Wenger, who had taken up residence among the folk he has variously described as snakes, sharks and phil...
- Wed Jan 10 6:45 PM
League Cup semi-final updates from the 8pm GMT kick-off Arsenal to start Sánchez despite Manchester City’s £20m offer And feel free to drop Scott a mail 12.36pm GMT Welcome to our coverage of the first leg of the Carabao League Cup semi-final between bitter London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal. And...
- Wed Jan 10 12:13 PM
Mourinho believes Chelsea manager misinterpreted ‘clown’ comment Manchester United manager relaxed over Conte’s vow to remember clash José Mourinho is unperturbed by Antonio Conte’s vow to remember the Manchester United manager’s attack on him and bemused by his Chelsea counterpart’s behaviour th...
- Tue Jan 9 10:30 PM
The spot-kick controversy against Chelsea remains a sour point for the manager as his side face them again in the League Cup semi-final first leg In a week when two of his counterparts have been unable to let sleeping dogs lie, something is still biting away at Arsène Wenger too. The injustice he...
- Tue Jan 9 9:44 PM
• Lukaku joined Manchester United after turning down Everton contract • Major shareholder says he ‘wasted two summers trying to keep him’ Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, has claimed Romelu Lukaku
refused to extend his contract at Goodison Park after a voodoo message told him to join...
- Tue Jan 9 5:09 PM
• Everton supporter Joe Anderson
also writes to Richard Scudamore • Anderson
: ‘I am asking police to consider if any fraud has taken place’ The mayor of Liverpool has asked police to investigate whether Ross Barkley
’s cut-price transfer from Everton to Chelsea constitutes fraud. Barkley joined th...
- Tue Jan 9 3:26 PM
• Italian says he has no regrets over war of words with United manager • Conte says Eden Hazard
is fit to Arsenal in Carabao Cup Antonio Conte has made it plain that he will not forget José Mourinho’s verbal attack on him nor does he have any regrets over his part in the war of words that has bro...
- Mon Jan 8 5:14 PM
Your weekend roundup of the best photography from Saturday and Sunday’s FA Cup third round matches Continue reading
- Mon Jan 8 9:19 AM
Mark Robins’ eye-catching Coventry deserve their headlines, Liverpool have a bargain in Andrew Robertson and Wolves are already good enough for top flight Amid all the hoopla over the departing Mark Hughes , it is right to take a moment to praise Coventry City. They were deserved winners of the t...