- Thu Dec 13 5:31 PM
Europa League updates from the 5.55pm GMT kick-off The Recap: sign up for our weekly email of editors’ picks And feel free to email Michael or tweet @michaelbutler18 5.31pm GMT Vidi FC: Kovacsik, Fiola, Juhasz, Vinicius, Stopira, Nego, Anel Hadzic, Nikolov, Milanov, Marko Scepovic, Huszti. Subs:...
- Thu Dec 13 11:34 AM
Fifa wants to prevent clubs from stockpiling young players and using the loan system for ‘commercial exploitation’ By Gavin Willacy for Playing in the Shadows Reserve team football in England may start to look very different when Fifa introduce their new rules on loans . For the past few years, r...
- Wed Dec 12 9:17 PM
• Chelsea coach: ‘I condemn any form of discrimination’ • Arsenal’s Ainsley Maitland-Niles says Sterling is ‘brave’ Maurizio Sarri has condemned discrimination in any form in the Chelsea coach’s first public comments since the alleged racist abuse of Raheem Sterling
at Stamford Bridge on Saturday...
- Tue Dec 11 5:51 PM
The only surprising aspect of this debate is that some people appear to be surprised by it, writes Gary Craig Raheem Sterling
’s comments about racism in football are very welcome, together with those of the many other BAME footballers who have suffered racism in the past ( Sport , 11 December). T...
- Tue Dec 11 2:11 PM
• Manchester City manager says racism must be fought • Guardiola thanks Chelsea for reaction to alleged racism Pep Guardiola has said “racism is everywhere” and has to be fought each day. Manchester City’s manager was speaking after the alleged racist abuse of Raheem Sterling
at Chelsea. Sterling...
- Tue Dec 11 11:23 AM
• Fan quoted as saying he called Sterling Manc not black • Supporter said to be ‘deeply ashamed’ of behaviour A Chelsea fan pictured shouting insults at Raheem Sterling
has denied racially abusing the Manchester City player but said he was “deeply ashamed” of his behaviour, according to the Daily...
- Tue Dec 11 8:45 AM
Today’s tittle-tattle is delaying the inevitable Ciggie-loving Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is blowing heart-shaped smoke rings in the direction of Napoli full-back Els eid Hysaj , according to the Daily Star. Despite an initial reluctance to allow the 24-year-old Albanian to move to Stamford Brid...
- Mon Dec 10 5:52 PM
• Four fans banned while club conduct investigation • Chelsea vow to ‘support any criminal prosecutions’ Chelsea have announced they have suspended four people from attending their matches, pending further investigations into allegations of racial abuse directed towards Manchester City’s Raheem S...
- Mon Dec 10 12:45 PM
After a troubling week with two high-profile incidents in the Premier League, we want to hear from fans Raheem Sterling
says sections of the media “fuel racism” in football after being the subject of alleged racist abuse during a Premier League match on Saturday . The England and Manchester City...
- Mon Dec 10 8:14 AM
Bournemouth are looking threadbare, Pep Guardiola shows the stomach for a fight and Leicester pine for Jamie Vardy With the issues piling up in terms of Arsenal’s defensive composition, it almost passed unnoticed that against Huddersfield they managed a league clean sheet – their first since Sept...
- Sun Dec 9 10:30 PM
• Club only offers one-year contract extensions to over-30s • David Luiz
can negotiate with foreign clubs from January David Luiz
’s future at Chelsea beyond the summer has been cast into considerable doubt after the club’s hierarchy made it clear they are reluctant to change their policy of offer...
- Sun Dec 9 6:24 PM
Our picture editors choose their favourite images from the weekend’s Premier League action View the Dozen archive Continue reading
- Sun Dec 9 4:51 PM
Pep Guardiola struck a philosophical tone after Manchester City's 0-2 loss to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, insisting: 'We're not here to be Invincibles; we're here to be champions.' Despite dominating possession for most of the game, Manchester City conceded a goal in each half to slump to their f...
- Sun Dec 9 10:54 AM
• Forward says he expects ‘no better’ after alleged incident • Sterling screengrabs Daily Mail story alongside Instagram post Raheem Sterling
has accused newspapers of “fuelling racism” and said he “expects no better” after he was the subject of alleged racist abuse while playing for Manchester C...
- Sun Dec 9 9:30 AM
N’Golo Kanté and Raheem Sterling
both looked out of position, Maurizio Sarri is fascinating to watch and Pep Guardiola’s men will maintain their inner belief Having had their attitude and mentality questioned by Maurizio Sarri following the defeat to Wolves, this was a response from his side. The...
- Sat Dec 8 10:00 PM
• Guardiola praises his players after unbeaten run is ended • City manager denies that Liverpool are now title favourites Pep Guardiola described Manchester City’s first Premier League defeat of the season as a “lesson” and feels his players must take on board the manner of the setback they suffe...
- Sat Dec 8 9:56 PM
• Footage circulated online appears to show fan abusing Sterling • Chelsea pledge ‘the strongest possible action where necessary’ Chelsea and the Metropolitan police have launched investigations after footage of a fan appearing to aim alleged racist abuse at Raheem Sterling
was circulated online....
- Sat Dec 8 9:37 PM
French midfielder grew into the game helping to vindicate Maurizio Sarri’s decision to play him in right-sided role How do you solve a problem like N’Golo? On the evidence of a bruising, thrilling night at Stamford Bridge, Maurizio Sarri’s attempts to transform the best covering midfielder in the...
- Sat Dec 8 7:27 PM
Now, perhaps, we can understand why Pep Guardiola did not want to entertain any questions before this match about the possibility of Manchester City going unbeaten through the entire season. The Invincibles mark II? Not quite. The champions have been reminded what it feels like to lose in the lea...
- Sat Dec 8 7:08 PM
Premier League updates from the 7.45pm GMT kick-off Chelsea v Manchester City – live with Barry Glendenning You can email Simon your thoughts or tweet @Simon_Burnton 7.08pm GMT I’m forever ribbing Mrs B about the amount of footwear she takes on our occasional travels. Tottenham players though (as...
- Sat Dec 8 4:32 PM
Premier League updates from the 5.30pm GMT kick-off Can anyone stop Man City from winning the Premier League? You can email Barry your thoughts or tweet @bglendenning 4.32pm GMT Chelsea: Arrizabalaga, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Pedro, Hazard, Willian. Subs: Fabr...
- Fri Dec 7 10:30 PM
• Manager cites the case of Pep Guardiola at Manchester City • Past two champions prepare for crunch meeting at the Bridge Maurizio Sarri has made it clear he will need time, rather than money, if he is to hoist Chelsea back into contention as title challengers and has pointed to Pep Guardiola’s...
- Fri Dec 7 10:30 PM
• Winning last season felt like more than three points – Guardiola • Chelsea’s Jorginho faces the club he turned down last summer Manchester City travel to Chelsea not yet ready to risk Sergio Agüero as he recovers from an abductor muscle strain and with Pep Guardiola weighing up the pros and con...
- Fri Dec 7 3:22 PM
Chelsea take on Manchester City having lost two of their last three in the league, most recently at newly promoted Wolves, acutely aware that defeat to City would leave them 13 points behind the league leaders. This is arguably the champions’ trickiest remaining fixture this season, but they are...
- Fri Dec 7 2:35 PM
Chelsea's Maurizio Sarri has admitted that he does not know how to stop Pep Guardiola and Manchester City, ahead of their clash at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. The Blues currently sit fourth in the table, 10 points behind Guardiola's side. When asked how to beat them, Sarri said 'I lost every mat...
- Fri Dec 7 12:02 PM
• Kompany takes apparent swipe at Mourinho among others • This is what Hazard needs, says Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany
has taken an apparent swipe at José Mourinho among others by saying that Eden Hazard
finally has an attack-minded manager at Chelsea who can get the best out of him....
- Fri Dec 7 12:00 AM
Chelsea are fragile before meeting Manchester City, Manchester United at home to the bottom club no longer looks a walkover and will it be same old for Saints despite a new manager? It is far too early for any “I’m Sarri I haven’t a clue” headlines but the past few weeks have given a more accurat...
- Thu Dec 6 9:44 AM
Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has questioned his side's attitude after they lost 2-1 away at Wolves . Despite taking the lead through a Ruben Loftus-Cheek strike Chelsea 'didn't react' when they conceded early in the second half, a second goal followed four minutes later Maurizio Sarri questions...
- Thu Dec 6 12:21 AM
• Chelsea concede twice in four minutes to lose 2-1 • ‘I am really worried that we didn’t react to their first goal’ Maurizio Sarri questioned the attitude of his Chelsea players and accused some of over-confidence after they suffered a chastening 2-1 defeat at Wolves that leaves them 10 points b...
- Wed Dec 5 9:49 PM
After admitting on the eve of this game that Chelsea are “not able to fight with Manchester City” for the title, Maurizio Sarri will take no pleasure from being proved right little more than 90 minutes later. Looking frustrated and exasperated, the Chelsea manager was forced to endure a second su...