- Mon Nov 6 1:22 PM
• Wenger admires Sterling enough to have tried to sign him last summer • City conscious that Arsenal have benefited from referees’ decisions Manchester City are shocked that Arsène Wenger questioned Raheem Sterling
’s integrity after Manchester City 3-1 win over Arsenal on Sunday, especially as th...
- Mon Nov 6 12:44 PM
As a new documentary, 89, is released the former Arsenal manager recalls that night the destiny of the league title changed in the last seconds of the season, and bemoans the decline in the art of defending in today’s Premier League “Everything changed in a second, ” George Graham says as he reme...
- Mon Nov 6 10:15 AM
The Chilean forward did his best to be diplomatic at the home of his possible future employers but was not happy as Manchester City eased to a 3-1 victory The chant went up almost as soon as the game kicked off: “Alexis Sánchez, he wants to be blue.” This much seems to be true, though here was an...
- Sun Nov 5 9:07 PM
Ederson Moraes and Fabian Delph
impressed, and although Arsenal found a small chink in City’s armour, the visitors’ defensive woes continued apace “We’ve got Guardiola” sang the delirious home support and here was another key win overseen by the Catalan. Yet despite this, Alexandre Lacazette’s se...
- Sun Nov 5 8:54 PM
Fara Williams scores directly from kick-off in Reading's meeting with Arsenal at Meadow Park on Sunday. The goal sealed a 2-1 win for Reading in the Women's Super League Cup and was Williams's second of game Reading’s Fara Williams scores goal from halfway line to beat former club Arsenal Continu...
- Sun Nov 5 7:30 PM
• Arsenal manager says Sterling ‘dives well’ and also criticises referee • Complaints comes after Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat at Manchester City Arsène Wenger may face an FA charge after saying Raheem Sterling
“dives well” and criticising the referee, Michael Oliver, in Arsenal’s 3-1 defeat at the Premi...
- Sun Nov 5 6:57 PM
Arsène Wenger vents his frustration with the referee following his side’s 3-1 loss at Manchester City on Sunday. The Arsenal manager was left particularly irritated by the decision to award Manchester City a penalty with the score at 2-1. ‘If they get decisions like that, at home, they will be un...
- Sun Nov 5 6:00 PM
Links between Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri prompt calls for broadening of Premier League ‘dual ownership’ rules It is a tale of two major Premier League football clubs. And two billionaires. And how their close relationship and the opaqueness and secrecy of the companies they own in offshor...
- Sun Nov 5 4:31 PM
It is surely still too early, with the leaves falling from the trees and fireworks lighting the sky, to think nothing can possibly go wrong for Pep Guardiola’s freewheeling side and assume this season’s Premier League title will be a procession. But it certainly feels like a strong possibility wh...
- Sun Nov 5 1:24 PM
Latest action from the 2.15pm GMT kickoff at the Etihad Stadium Guardiola predicts English charge in Europe Email Lawrence | Tweet: @lawrenceostlere Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace – live! 1.24pm GMT Manchester City (4-1-2-3): Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph; Fernandinho; De Bruyne, S...
- Sat Nov 4 10:30 PM
Arsenal’s mercurial midfielder has a creative streak his manager believes can help them unpick Premier League standard bearers Manchester City To Özil or not to Özil? That was the question that felt strikingly relevant the last time Arsenal embarked on one of those typically complicated away assi...
- Sat Nov 4 9:00 AM
How Arsenal would love to follow being the last team to defeat Manchester City (in April’s FA Cup semi-final) by being the first this season. City, though, are flying with the manager particularly content with the goal tally – 49 in all competitions – and the mental strength of his players. Arsen...
- Sat Nov 4 8:30 AM
Pep Guardiola failed in his effort in the summer to sign Arsenal’s star forward but the club’s youthful front line has blossomed without the Chilean this season You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometimes – and you’re not too scarred by a complex, deadline-week, dual-jurisdiction...
- Fri Nov 3 10:30 PM
• Arsenal manager dismisses possibility of January move to Manchester City • Wenger praises Sánchez’s spirit: ‘One thing you cannot fault is his motivation’ Arsène Wenger has indicated he fully expects Alexis Sánchez to stay at Arsenal in January, in the face of any move from Manchester City or a...
- Fri Nov 3 4:24 PM
• Manager praises striker’s focus and improvement before visit of Arsenal • ‘All the strikers and wingers have at least seven goals, it’s important for us’ Pep Guardiola has praised the increasing number of goals scored by Leroy Sané and Raheem Sterling
from the wings, with the manager believing...
- Fri Nov 3 4:00 PM
Burnley have lost just once on their travels this season and will go level on points with Chelsea and Arsenal if they win at St Mary’s. That might be easier said than done, with speculation growing that Sean Dyche is set to depart for Everton. Chris Wood faces a late fitness test on his hamstring...
- Fri Nov 3 10:55 AM
• Midfielder tore ankle while playing for Spain in October 2013 • Complications led to fear of amputation and end of playing career Santi Cazorla has revealed the extent of his long lay-off from football, revealing how an ankle injury he sustained in 2013 almost led to his leg being amputated. Th...
- Thu Nov 2 10:13 PM
Arsène Wenger had described it as his “biggest pleasant experience”. Never before, the Arsenal manager said, had he seen a squad that was so focused on every competition. In other words, his second-string team were on a mission to succeed in the Europa League. They rather ran aground here in term...
- Thu Nov 2 9:04 PM
• Spurs goalkeeper suffered thigh injury against Real Madrid • Lloris out of France’s friendlies against Wales and Germany Hugo Lloris
is a doubt for the derby against Arsenal at Wembley on 18 November because of an adductor muscle injury he sustained in Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-1 Champions League w...
- Thu Nov 2 7:44 PM
Europa League updates from the 8.05pm GMT kick-off Live scoreboard: all the latest from Thursday’s matches Football Weekly: Spurs, Squires and sorry Sunderland And feel free to drop Simon an email or tweet him here 7.44pm GMT And the teams once again, but all in one place this time: Arsenal: Mace...
- Wed Nov 1 10:30 PM
• England manager hands Spurs midfielder chance ahead of Jack Wilshere
• Danny Rose
, Tom Cleverley
and Tammy Abrahams also in contention Harry Winks will be given the opportunity to stake a claim for a World Cup place after convincing Gareth Southgate to include the Tottenham Hotspur player in En...
- Wed Nov 1 2:34 PM
• Arsenal manager urges Gareth Southgate to pick fit-again 25-year-old • Wilshere has not started a Premier League game for Arsenal this season Arsène Wenger has urged Gareth Southgate to include Jack Wilshere
in his England squad for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil. Wenger has...