- Fri Nov 3 10:30 PM
• Arsenal manager dismisses possibility of January move to Manchester City • Wenger praises Sánchez’s spirit: ‘One thing you cannot fault is his motivation’ Arsène Wenger has indicated he fully expects Alexis Sánchez to stay at Arsenal in January, in the face of any move from Manchester City or a...
- Fri Nov 3 4:24 PM
• Manager praises striker’s focus and improvement before visit of Arsenal • ‘All the strikers and wingers have at least seven goals, it’s important for us’ Pep Guardiola has praised the increasing number of goals scored by Leroy Sané and Raheem Sterling
from the wings, with the manager believing...
- Fri Nov 3 4:00 PM
Burnley have lost just once on their travels this season and will go level on points with Chelsea and Arsenal if they win at St Mary’s. That might be easier said than done, with speculation growing that Sean Dyche is set to depart for Everton. Chris Wood faces a late fitness test on his hamstring...
- Fri Nov 3 10:55 AM
• Midfielder tore ankle while playing for Spain in October 2013 • Complications led to fear of amputation and end of playing career Santi Cazorla has revealed the extent of his long lay-off from football, revealing how an ankle injury he sustained in 2013 almost led to his leg being amputated. Th...
- Thu Nov 2 10:13 PM
Arsène Wenger had described it as his “biggest pleasant experience”. Never before, the Arsenal manager said, had he seen a squad that was so focused on every competition. In other words, his second-string team were on a mission to succeed in the Europa League. They rather ran aground here in term...
- Thu Nov 2 9:04 PM
• Spurs goalkeeper suffered thigh injury against Real Madrid • Lloris out of France’s friendlies against Wales and Germany Hugo Lloris
is a doubt for the derby against Arsenal at Wembley on 18 November because of an adductor muscle injury he sustained in Tottenham Hotspur’s 3-1 Champions League w...
- Thu Nov 2 7:44 PM
Europa League updates from the 8.05pm GMT kick-off Live scoreboard: all the latest from Thursday’s matches Football Weekly: Spurs, Squires and sorry Sunderland And feel free to drop Simon an email or tweet him here 7.44pm GMT And the teams once again, but all in one place this time: Arsenal: Mace...
- Wed Nov 1 10:30 PM
• England manager hands Spurs midfielder chance ahead of Jack Wilshere
• Danny Rose
, Tom Cleverley
and Tammy Abrahams also in contention Harry Winks will be given the opportunity to stake a claim for a World Cup place after convincing Gareth Southgate to include the Tottenham Hotspur player in En...
- Wed Nov 1 2:34 PM
• Arsenal manager urges Gareth Southgate to pick fit-again 25-year-old • Wilshere has not started a Premier League game for Arsenal this season Arsène Wenger has urged Gareth Southgate to include Jack Wilshere
in his England squad for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil. Wenger has...
- Mon Oct 30 8:24 AM
Arsenal need Sead Kolasinac to recover quickly; Liverpool’s search for a penalty-taker goes on; and Newcastle prepare for a ‘sliding doors’ moment Next Sunday, Manchester City host Arsenal at 1.30pm and Manchester United play Chelsea at 4pm; it really is amazing just how often the fixture list th...
- Sun Oct 29 10:46 PM
• Chilean has two goals this season and drew a blank against Swansea • Arsène Wenger: ‘I am not concerned; I am not suspicious of the desire to win‘ Arsène Wenger says it is inevitable that Alexis Sánchez is worried about his lack of goals for Arsenal this season. The striker has endured one of t...
- Sat Oct 28 5:34 PM
• Under-17s World Cup final: England 5-2 Spain • Brewster 44, Gibbs-White 58, Foden 69 88, Guehi 84; Gómez 10, 31 England Under-17s recovered from going 2-0 down in their World Cup final, pulling one back just before half-time and completing a magnificent 5-2 win. Rhian Brewster – scorer of hat-t...
- Sat Oct 28 5:06 PM
Swansea City have been a bogey team for Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. On six previous Premier League visits, they had won three and drawn one and, when Sam Clucas put them in front early on, it was possible to fear that a long afternoon lay ahead for Arsène Wenger and his players. The nerves j...