- Tue Jan 23 10:30 PM
• Arsenal manager has praise for new signing but turns on the press • ‘You celebrate teams who have not been in a final for 25 years‘ Since Alexis Sánchez’s transfer to Manchester United was confirmed on Monday evening there has not been a single tweet from one of his former Arsenal team-mates to...
- Tue Jan 23 11:00 AM
Manchester United and Arsenal have traded attacking players – our writers discuss who has come out on top from the swap The swap deal which saw Alexis Sánchez join Manchester United and Henrikh Mkhitaryan move to Arsenal was finally confirmed on Monday after weeks of negotiations. The Chile forwa...
- Mon Jan 22 6:05 PM
• Sánchez says he could not reject chance to work with Mourinho • Mkhitaryan describes move to Arsenal as ‘a dream come true’ Alexis Sánchez said he could not turn down the chance to work with José Mourinho after sealing his transfer from Arsenal to Manchester United in a deal that sees Henrikh M...
- Sun Jan 21 10:30 PM
• Manager admits team morale was affected in first half of the season • ‘It is the lack of clarity; not losing players. Teams are used to that’ Arsène Wenger has admitted the uncertainty surrounding Alexis Sánchez’s future at Arsenal affected his team’s morale in the first half of the season but...
- Sun Jan 21 6:00 PM
Arsène Wenger’s pressing issues will not be solved by another creator but his front-foot tactics may galvanise a player who looked lost under José Mourinho One game – or, more accurately, one half‑game – dominates the memory of Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s time at Manchester United. In the league derby a...
- Sat Jan 20 9:19 PM
The managers of Manchester City and Manchester United discuss the movement of Alexis Sánchez from Arsenal. At one point, Pep Guardiola seemed certain to get the player he worked with at Barcelona, but in recent days José Mourinho's side edged ahead, with a swap deal involving Henrikh Mkhitaryan i...
- Sat Jan 20 8:45 PM
‘If you ask me if he is coming, I think so, ’ says Man Utd manager Arsène Wenger: ‘I expect it to happen but I cannot announce it’ José Mourinho said he was cautiously optimistic about Manchester United landing Alexis Sánchez while Arsène Wenger confirmed the Arsenal player is “up north” and sugg...
- Sat Jan 20 5:03 PM
The noise levels around Arsenal continue to be pumped up. It was not without good reason that Arsène Wenger described the January transfer window as the “most destabilising”he has known. There was no Alexis Sánchez here, as the Arsenal forward closed in on his switch to Manchester United , while...
- Sat Jan 20 1:40 PM
Premier League, Football League and much more Brighton & Hove Albion v Chelsea – live! Mourinho’s authority brings success and instability And feel free to email or tweet Ben to to get in touch 1.40pm GMT Marseille, momentarily at least, closed the gap on the Ligue 1 leaders last night with a 2-0...
- Sat Jan 20 12:43 PM
Agreement to enable Alexis Sánchez’s Old Trafford switch Armenian keen to rekindle career after disappointing spell Henrikh Mkhitaryan was on Saturday discussing the final details with Arsenal before agreeing a deal with the club that will also enable Alexis Sánchez to join Manchester United. No...
- Fri Jan 19 10:30 PM
• Wenger believes injury-plagued midfielder knows his body better • Danny Welbeck
out of Crystal Palace game with injury Arsène Wenger believes Jack Wilshere
’s upturn in form is rooted in the midfielder shedding the feeling that he is invincible. Wilshere has started Arsenal’s last seven Premier...
- Fri Jan 19 5:04 PM
Boosted by their January recruits, Everton will see this match as an opportunity to turn a poor run of form around. Theo Walcott
will add some much needed pace and will oppose his former team-mate Kieran Gibbs. West Brom picked up three crucial points against fellow strugglers Brighton last time...
- Fri Jan 19 4:58 PM
• Everton debut to follow unceremonious Arsenal exit • West Brom game to be Sam Allardyce’s 1, 000th as a manager Having spent 12 years at Arsenal, scoring 108 goals in 397 appearances and helping the club win two FA Cups, Theo Walcott
might have expected his departure from the Emirates would be...
- Fri Jan 19 3:09 PM
says he is intent on making his move to Everton from Arsenal a success. The forward leaves the Gunners after 12 years at the club and insists he holds no grudges with manager Arsène Wenger. ‘I can’t thank him enough, ’ says Walcott Theo Walcott
: a great hope who failed to kick on in...
- Fri Jan 19 1:39 PM
Arsène Wenger has described the current January window as the most disturbing and destabilising he has known and the noises around a clutch of transfer and contractual situations remain loud. Arsenal must block them out against Roy Hodgson’s resurgent Crystal Palace. What was most disturbing for...
- Fri Jan 19 8:30 AM
Arsène Wenger seeks a reaction, Rafa Benítez may change approach against Manchester City and is Glenn Murray what Chelsea need? Two teams struggling to score goals go toe-to-toe when Brighton and Chelsea get the Premier League ball rolling in Saturday’s early kick-off. Brighton have drawn seven b...
- Thu Jan 18 1:40 PM
Walcott leaves for Everton as a symbol of the later Wenger years, his flashes of undeniable talent mixed with unreliability and always being same old Theo when new Theo was required In the end the writing on the wall was spelled out boldly enough for Theo Walcott
to recognise the comfort zone was...
- Thu Jan 18 12:43 PM
• Michael Zorc unhappy with Arsène Wenger’s comments • There has been no contact with Arsenal, says sporting director Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director, Michael Zorc, has hit out at Arsène Wenger after the Arsenal manager spoke admiringly about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. The Dortmund striker...
- Thu Jan 18 9:21 AM
• Manager admits Alexis Sánchez is likely to join Manchester United • Wenger interested in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Jonny Evans
Arsène Wenger has said that the deal involving Alexis Sánchez joining Manchester United and Henrikh Mkhitaryan moving to Arsenal “is likely to happen”. The Chilean...
- Wed Jan 17 6:08 PM
Sam Allardyce says Theo Walcott
‘should be at the peak of his career’ and he is an experienced goalscorer but his arrival is bad news for Everton’s youngsters Sam Allardyce believes Theo Walcott
“should be at the peak of his career” at 28 and with the experience of 397 games played over a dozen y...
- Wed Jan 17 5:02 PM
• ‘I want the club to push to the next level, ’ Walcott says • Walcott has struggled for regular starting role at Emirates Theo Walcott
has become Everton's second signing of the transfer window after completing a move from Arsenal in a £20m deal. The 28-year-old underwent a medical on Merseyside...