- Wed Nov 1 10:30 PM
• England manager hands Spurs midfielder chance ahead of Jack Wilshere
• Danny Rose
, Tom Cleverley
and Tammy Abrahams also in contention Harry Winks will be given the opportunity to stake a claim for a World Cup place after convincing Gareth Southgate to include the Tottenham Hotspur player in En...
- Wed Nov 1 2:34 PM
• Arsenal manager urges Gareth Southgate to pick fit-again 25-year-old • Wilshere has not started a Premier League game for Arsenal this season Arsène Wenger has urged Gareth Southgate to include Jack Wilshere
in his England squad for the upcoming friendlies against Germany and Brazil. Wenger has...
- Mon Oct 30 8:24 AM
Arsenal need Sead Kolasinac to recover quickly; Liverpool’s search for a penalty-taker goes on; and Newcastle prepare for a ‘sliding doors’ moment Next Sunday, Manchester City host Arsenal at 1.30pm and Manchester United play Chelsea at 4pm; it really is amazing just how often the fixture list th...
- Sun Oct 29 10:46 PM
• Chilean has two goals this season and drew a blank against Swansea • Arsène Wenger: ‘I am not concerned; I am not suspicious of the desire to win‘ Arsène Wenger says it is inevitable that Alexis Sánchez is worried about his lack of goals for Arsenal this season. The striker has endured one of t...
- Sat Oct 28 5:34 PM
• Under-17s World Cup final: England 5-2 Spain • Brewster 44, Gibbs-White 58, Foden 69 88, Guehi 84; Gómez 10, 31 England Under-17s recovered from going 2-0 down in their World Cup final, pulling one back just before half-time and completing a magnificent 5-2 win. Rhian Brewster – scorer of hat-t...
- Sat Oct 28 5:06 PM
Swansea City have been a bogey team for Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. On six previous Premier League visits, they had won three and drawn one and, when Sam Clucas put them in front early on, it was possible to fear that a long afternoon lay ahead for Arsène Wenger and his players. The nerves j...
- Fri Oct 27 10:30 PM
• Manager claims he is more hungry than ever for success at the Emirates • ‘I’ve always got something to prove, ’ Frenchman says before Swansea’s visit Arsène Wenger has described Brexit as an example of knee-jerk British society, in which the heat of the moment is all‑consuming and the longer-te...
- Fri Oct 27 5:55 PM
Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all wanted him in the summer but Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
is still no nearer to holding down a regular first-team place At the height of the cold war, the Soviet Union developed a deep institutional suspicion towards denim jeans. Jeans and jean‑related items were see...
- Fri Oct 27 5:17 PM
Swansea have developed the reputation as a tough nut to crack and it has not gone unnoticed at Arsenal that they have conceded only once on their Premier League travels this season. Arsène Wenger knows that patience will be a virtue but he has demanded that his players show pace and positivity in...
- Thu Oct 26 8:53 PM
Entertainment was high on the agenda at the Gunners annual meeting but questions again remained unanswered The Arsenal AGM had started badly for Sir Chips Keswick. The club chairman was up for re-election to the board and such things are normally routine. In this case Keswick had the support, by...
- Thu Oct 26 1:35 PM
• Resolutions to re-elect Sir Chips Keswick and Josh Kroenke voted down • Stan Kroenke’s votes keep pair on board as Arsène Wenger addresses fans Arsenal shareholders used the club’s annual general meeting on Thursday to voice their displeasure at the current board. In a rare move to show their u...
- Thu Oct 26 1:10 AM
• ‘Wenger is more focused than ever’ says club’s majority shareholder • American is facing protests from Arsenal fans at AGM on Thursday Stan Kroenke has made it clear he and his family have no intention of ceding control of Arsenal and said that Arsène Wenger is “more focused than ever” on bring...